• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What mainstream superhero has the greatest capacity for violence?
1 1

51 posts in this topic

Was watching Batman Begins while noodling around the house just now when this question came to mind. By mainstream, I mean a hero that has caché outside the world of comic fandom. That precedes MCU as lots of people grew up with cartoons and video games but who never got into comics. So out of the heroes that are broadly and popularly recognized, who's the meanest?

I mean, it's gotta be Batman, right? He doesn't kill, but he leaves a lot of broken bones and busted organs in his wake. The brain trauma alone he has caused people is criminal, even when inflicted on criminals.

Hulk.  Angry powerful dumb.

Edited by kav

Think Wolverine would be considered part of the MCU and is definitely part of comic fandom.

Since I've been watching this dumb series on TV, I vote that it is the Rifleman, Lucas McCain. He killed at least one person in every one of the 168 TV episodes (and no one ever really seemed to care about it by the end of the show).

Related image

Westerns seem to always end with a wagon full of dead bodies, think that is a bit worse than brain trauma or some busted bones.

-bc

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yep

Cap.  Due to being a Hydra agent, he was responsible for WW2.

2 hours ago, bc said:

Westerns seem to always end with a wagon full of dead bodies, think that is a bit worse than brain trauma or some busted bones.

In westerns only one guy is able to shoot once someone gets hit.  Unlike real life gun battles where someone can get hit 9 times and keep shooting, in westerns one shot and they grimace and crumple to the ground unable to get a shot off-

Edited by kav

3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Wolverine. [/thread]

Yup, my first thought, too. Batman is more about subduing/detaining with maybe something just north of extreme prejudice, but, there's still calculated logic involved. As far as sheer meanness, I think it's probably gonna be Wolverine. And he kills.

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Lobo is the Main Man,but is he mainstream?

Nah. I suspect very few people who aren't "into comics" could identify Lobo.

Wolverine is violent in a brute animalistic way, but animals aren't malicious in the way that humans can be. I mean, I suppose animals can be cruel in the way that we know they can be kind, but humans have shame and self-reflection and legal systems and all that. And Punisher is still a malicious s.o.b. when it comes to dishing out the hurt, in a way that Wolverine isn't.

34 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Nah. I suspect very few people who aren't "into comics" could identify Lobo.

Wolverine is violent in a brute animalistic way, but animals aren't malicious in the way that humans can be. I mean, I suppose animals can be cruel in the way that we know they can be kind, but humans have shame and self-reflection and legal systems and all that. And Punisher is still a malicious s.o.b. when it comes to dishing out the hurt, in a way that Wolverine isn't.

Wolverine is very hurtful though with microaggressions calling people bub and stuff.

Rocket (Raccoon) in the GOTG films.  Doesn't take much of an excuse for him to point a gun at someone or, as Kav suggested, try to inflict an extemely sarcastic wound. In the films he quite obviously enjoys the violence and carnage.

A less mainstream choice would be Orion of the New Gods.

As I said before The Punisher, He’s got the War Machine armor now, and he’s not even close to having any empathy for anyone who is doing wrong in his mind anymore. From the latest issue #225 — talk about a mean s.o.b who kills...

58AB618A-2B69-4462-A947-7604FCE6E80E.jpeg