• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lake Effect Comic book Show - Cleveland, Sunday, 24 June 2018
2 2

48 posts in this topic

Terry's Comics will be exhibiting at the Lake Effect Comic show on 24th of June 2018. 
 This show will be held on Sunday from 10-5pm at the Holiday Inn, East Mentor, Ohio 
 I will only have a very small portion of my inventory there. 
 If you want me to bring something specific off of my web-site or from my catalog 
 you can let me know what you want and I will try to bring it, want lists accepted! 

If you want to check it out go to Terry's 2018 Catalog

I have over 60,000 comics in inventory at TerrysComics

Also if you are thinking, I don't have any money to spend, then you are in
 luck. We will be buying at higher prices the silver/bronze keys
 and almost all Golden age comics.

Love, love this Con.  There always seems to be some collectors set up with fantastic prices.  For a small one day Con there is just a massive amount of books in the room (s).  Are you from California and setting up?

Edited by 1Cool

23 hours ago, TerrysComics said:

I am coming from California and I will be setting up. Terry's Comics

Do you know Bill?  Kind of a long way to go for a small 1 day show in Ohio.

And bring those two Fantastic Four Annual 6s.  if they present nice for VG copies I'll grab both of them for $40.

Very impressive Atlas catalog!!!! If you could bring either of the Yellow Claw #2's you have listed, I'm looking to pick one up to complete my run.

3 hours ago, bc said:

Very impressive Atlas catalog!!!! If you could bring either of the Yellow Claw #2's you have listed, I'm looking to pick one up to complete my run.

I shall bring it to Cleveland for your viewing.  Terry O.

Super excited for this show. I went last year for 1st time and was blown away with how much there is to look through.  Definitely something for everyone there.  As I was leaving show last year end of day. I stopped at a booth I hadnt had a chance to look through due to high traffic. Low and behold I find a tales to astonish 13 in his box. Not on his wall. In his box. Needless to say it was priced accordingly and dealer was nice enough to cut me a deal. But it wasnt even on back wall. Loved this show. They put a lot of effort into this and it shows. 

Although not nearly as many dealers as Heroes I’d say there was more ungraded pre-hero books in this Con.  I couldn’t help myself and grabbed a few but I may have to consult my man @bc to see how I did.  Can’t beat a one day con that brings in the goods like a big Con.  Pictures to come tonight. 

Edited by 1Cool

On 5/30/2018 at 10:26 PM, TerrysComics said:

Terry's Comics will be exhibiting at the Lake Effect Comic show on 24th of June 2018. 
 This show will be held on Sunday from 10-5pm at the Holiday Inn, East Mentor, Ohio 
 I will only have a very small portion of my inventory there. 
 If you want me to bring something specific off of my web-site or from my catalog 
 you can let me know what you want and I will try to bring it, want lists accepted! 

If you want to check it out go to Terry's 2018 Catalog

I have over 60,000 comics in inventory at TerrysComics

Also if you are thinking, I don't have any money to spend, then you are in
 luck. We will be buying at higher prices the silver/bronze keys
 and almost all Golden age comics.

Nice meeting you today.  Hope Ohio bought like drunken pirates so you want to come back.

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Although not nearly as many dealers as Heroes I’d say there was more ungraded pre-hero books in this Von.  I couldn’t help myself and grabbed a few but I may have to consult my man @bc to see how I did.  Can’t beat some day con that brings in the goods like a big Con.  Pictures to come tonight. 

Must have just missed you Andrew - I was there from about 11:30-1:15 and then grabbed some grub at the Arby's next door. 

Great show - shout out to all the dealers who were very cordial and had a really wide selection of books. I did one (pretty big) trade with Steve's Comics, will post some scans later after I get done with laundry detail :(

-bc

4 minutes ago, bc said:

Must have just missed you Andrew - I was there from about 11:30-1:15 and then grabbed some grub at the Arby's next door. 

Great show - shout out to all the dealers who were very cordial and had a really wide selection of books. I did one (pretty big) trade with Steve's Comics, will post some scans later after I get done with laundry detail :(

-bc

You must have been coming in the front and I was ducking out the back.  I got there at 8:30 and left at noon.  I told Rick to keep an eye out for you.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:52 AM, TerrysComics said:

I am coming from California and I will be setting up. Terry's Comics

Pleasure to meet you Terry and pretty sure we will be doing business in the near future :)

Have a safe trip home!

-bc

Hey @1Cool

Who was the dealer in the second room from the front who had the full right hand wall display (including some sharp PHMs)? Like to give them a shout out when I post pics.

Thanks man!

-bc

Edited by bc

40 minutes ago, bc said:

Hey @1Cool

Who was the dealer in the second room from the front who had the full right hand wall display (including some sharp PHMs)? Like to give them a shout out when I post pics.

Thanks man!

-bc

Was it John Haines / Comics & Friends, the one who puts on the show?

http://comicsandfriends.com/