• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you go in person to drop your comic?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just signed up and I just realized CGC headquarter is in my city. Can I just walk by and ask questions in person and eventually submit a comic? How does it work?

I wouldn't know but a quick search on this question yielded the following.....

Yes you can submit to CGC in person in Sarasota, however in order to do that you need to have one of our paid collector's society memberships and we also need a 24 hour advance notice. 

29 minutes ago, C Stephen Grant said:

Really a new question, do you need to buy a ticket to the comic con in a host city in order to walk in a submission to CGC?

Of course. Do you think they would let you in free to see CGC ? And yes, the ticket may cost more than shipping to CGC. Sounds like you are trying every angle to eliminate costs. 

On 6/2/2018 at 9:30 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Of course. Do you think they would let you in free to see CGC ? And yes, the ticket may cost more than shipping to CGC. Sounds like you are trying every angle to eliminate costs. 

Sorry to dwell on this.  I understand paying to attend.  My question is, do you have to buy a ComicCon ticket again to pick up your books graded on-site?  For 2 of us at the Boston Fan Expo starting Friday, that's $70 plus $18 parking, each visit. Ouch!  Of course there are more and different events going on the other days, but my goal is mainly to get some comics graded.  One is valuable and I'm reluctant to ship it.  Thanks for your insights.

14 minutes ago, sillysophical said:

Sorry to dwell on this.  I understand paying to attend.  My question is, do you have to buy a ComicCon ticket again to pick up your books graded on-site?  For 2 of us at the Boston Fan Expo starting Friday, that's $70 plus $18 parking, each visit. Ouch!  Of course there are more and different events going on the other days, but my goal is mainly to get some comics graded.  One is valuable and I'm reluctant to ship it.  Thanks for your insights.

Unless you make some arrangement with a CGC to rep to meet you outside, which I don't think is possible, yes you have to pay to go back in. Minimally, I would have someone drop you off and wait in the car, thus saving parking fees. The negative to all this is, there is no guarantee CGC will be finished with your books when you show up. It sometimes happens that they don't even finish by the end of the weekend. The higher the tier you submit in, the greater chance it will be done in a timely manner. BTW, I understand about your concerns to ship. Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out. 

Thanks Bob, for the insights and advice - very helpful (and speedy!)  It's not reasonable to expect CGC to send someone to meet me outside (I could wish, though, especially since I'm disabled).  We've just got the one "Walkthrough", and maybe a couple of "standard tier" comics.  Then cheaper stuff.  I'm trying to crunch the numbers and decide what to do.  CGC does say "guaranteed" graded by end of convention", but that seems a difficult goal to guarantee, since it depends on numbers submitted and some other factors.