• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trading Card OA help...

10 posts in this topic

OA Officianados,

Looking for some guidance on how one would go about tracking down X-men Trading Card original art (specifically the Kubert/Pennington piece in the picture). I’m sure it’s a super long shot, but I don’t even know where to start. Anyone know if this Wolverine piece was swiped from an existing comic page/cover by Kubert/Pennington or was it created specifically for the 1993 X-men 2 Trading Card?

Any help or info would be much appreciated!

0D9D9492-3697-4E04-BA0D-A97D040207CA.jpeg

Edited by jaybes

26 minutes ago, malvin said:

and just to be sure, you mean "tracking down", not "trading down" right? I had to do a double take, thought you had a cover and wanted to trade for the card art :)

Malvin

I fixed it, thanks! Yes, definitely trying to track down the piece if anyone has any leads. 

5 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

For anything kubert, I'd start by asking Spencer Beck

Seems to be with Essential Sequential these days. They have some kunert vintage art from this time period, both on the site and some not listed that they post on Instagram from time to time. 

12 hours ago, skrilla1212 said:

Seems to be with Essential Sequential these days. They have some kunert vintage art from this time period, both on the site and some not listed that they post on Instagram from time to time. 

I'm not familiar with "kunert". Is he any good?

16 hours ago, Mephisto said:

I don’t real deal with the pen and ink trading card art which this set was, but I would just send Kubert a message on Facebook and ask if he still has it.

That was my first thought but I can’t seem to find any contact info for Andy at all. He’s not on Facebook or any social media. Adam is everywhere, but Andy is not. Unless I’m missing something?