• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you feel about Rob Liefeld charging $40 for a signature and $80 if key issue?
1 1

76 posts in this topic

Don't hang out in Moderns, so sorry for the drive-by. I saw some video over in CG where Rob dude was saying Hi to some poster name Jimmy Lingunie or whatever. I watched it. Turns out "video hello" is a paid service. Weak. Watched the video due to temporary extreme boredom. Rob dude seems like a cross between Paulie Shore, that horrible actor Adam Sandler is always with (Rob something) and, I dunno, a turd.

Oh yea, is art sucks. Big time. So to answer OP question. Rob should pay collector for his sig.

17 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

I understand that the comic community is a microcosm for society, blah, blah, blah ... but I can't understand how many people don't get the joke.  :facepalm:

Welcome to real life. :grin:

I think the title of the thread should be:  How do you feel about people paying $40 more for a Rob Liefeld signature if it's a key issue? 

Liefeld is a business man, and an opportunist.  A Consumer has choices.  I choose not to participate. 

13 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

:foryou:

I don't want to hijack the thread and bore people.

If we meet up at a show, I'll be glad to buy you a round.  :headbang:

See that is one way to save the $40-$80 per sig and put it to something more useful! lol

Rob, like many creators in today's comic collecting world, has figured out that some collectors put a perceived value on a comic if the creator signs it and then it gets slabbed.  More than likely he's trying to figure out at what price people will no longer stand in line to get his signature.  If people keep paying then he's gonna keep charging more for it and add any additional upcharge those same collectors are willing to pay.

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
  Hide contents

Deadpool

Oh c'mon, I was just funnin' ... :baiting:

But really, in NM98, the character is pretty much a two-dimensional throwaway. Did Liefeld flesh him out, or is that someone else? I honestly don't know; I just had a 98 for a short while (from a collection I bought) and I used the book in a trade. But I did think, "hm, may as well read Deadpool's first appearance" before I moved it, so I read it.

I got a couple books signed when I was out in chicago...I had no idea what it would cost (not expecting $100 dollars a signature) until I got to the front  of the line, at that point I had the slabs cracked and was there so I did it .  When I got home I posted the book on instagram saying something about the price and he complained in my comments lol

11 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I got a couple books signed when I was out in chicago...I had no idea what it would cost (not expecting $100 dollars a signature) until I got to the front  of the line, at that point I had the slabs cracked and was there so I did it .  When I got home I posted the book on instagram saying something about the price and he complained in my comments lol

Them's the breaks. He can charge what he wants, but he can't stop you from criticizing it.

16 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

He blocked me on Twitter a couple months ago when I made a slightly critical comment about his tweet criticizing people saying that spider 47 book was the first appearance of major x.

Considering every single person in that line waiting on a sig has talked merciless :censored: about him online and will again as soon as they get what they wanted from him, I figure he can charge them whatever he likes  

On 6/21/2019 at 4:37 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Nor sure I understand this correctly.  How does Rob prevent people from submitting the books he signs for SS?

By telling CGC he won't allow them to slab his signature...which he has done a couple of times, now, I believe...and CGC honors that request.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:00 PM, Readcomix said:

Oh c'mon, I was just funnin' ... :baiting:

But really, in NM98, the character is pretty much a two-dimensional throwaway. Did Liefeld flesh him out, or is that someone else? I honestly don't know; I just had a 98 for a short while (from a collection I bought) and I used the book in a trade. But I did think, "hm, may as well read Deadpool's first appearance" before I moved it, so I read it.

Fabian, who scripted the issue and subsequent appearances, gave him his "wise-crackin' edge." Rob can't write. He just makes fun doodles.

Credit really goes to Joe Kelly for making Deadpool who he is.

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Fabian, who scripted the issue and subsequent appearances, gave him his "wise-crackin' edge." Rob can't write. He just makes fun doodles.

Credit really goes to Joe Kelly for making Deadpool who he is.

Thank you, I didn't think it was him, and having read the 98, it seems to me Deadpool didn't become Deadpool right out of the gate.