• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay's latest stupidity
3 3

199 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm going to be ticked off if it is select user's lol

At least I'm not alone. I tried it on ebay.com on my phone, and it does the same thing. I'll give it this though it does appear to work constantly on the APP (shrug)

Yes it works fine on the app. I can see all the ended listings as usual

11 minutes ago, october said:

How is a buyer supposed to check the original listing now, to see if what they got in the mail matches it? Completely ridiculous. I'm just supposed to guess, or memorize every description of every item I buy?

When I click on a sold listing in my watch list, this message appears at the top of the page:  "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."

The word listing is in blue, and if I click on that, it takes me to the listing I wanted to see in the first place. 

Edited by somewhereintexas

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

further oddities: the IH 181's still don't work on the laptop but the 180 does.... yet on my phone the 180 doesn't 

You know I'm bored on a 102 degree Saturday in Texas when I'm fooling with this foolishness... foolishly. I think the heat is getting to me. :$

eBay has always had odd differences like that. What works and what doesn't seems to vary at times for various people. Could be related to certain servers, segments of the market, etc.

I could never figure out rhyme or reason to it.

But yeah, I can definitely see eBay eliminating all sold views and monetizing it somehow. Lots of free information in those sold listings and they've finally put their foot down.

25 minutes ago, somewhereintexas said:

When I click on a sold listing in my watch list, this message appears at the top of the page:  "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."

The word listing is in blue, and if I click on that, it takes me to the listing I wanted to see in the first place. 

Even that is sparse, because sometimes it won't do that either just fyi, but still the APP seems to work fine. I wonder if somehow this is a promotion for IT, still seems like a stretch. 

Post your "IT" eBay memes ha. 

Oh and it still doesn't show the listing that I paid for this morning as sold.

1 hour ago, somewhereintexas said:

Sometimes. Sometimes it takes me to the item. Sometimes it takes me to the "no longer available" page, but there isn't a hyperlink in the text. 

Great stuff!

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Peggy."

How'd It go?

Useless, as always. But added to the pile, it may make a difference.

It's amazing how stupid eBay is, but again: monopoly. It's why monopolies are bad. Where else are you going to go...?

I was watching a book last night and with the last ten seconds ticking away, it suddenly replaced the bid screen with a "this item is no longer available".  Probably screwed that seller out of a good sale price (and me out of a book I wanted).

Another thing recently: my saved searches don't turn up the comics that they're supposed to.  It seems performing a new "fresh" search from the home page gets me better results.

3 hours ago, october said:

How is a buyer supposed to check the original listing now, to see if what they got in the mail matches it? Completely ridiculous. I'm just supposed to guess, or memorize every description of every item I buy?

When I clicked on a recent purchase I could see the original listing. Are you or anyone else not able to see original listings for items that you actually purchased? That would seem to be a flaw that eBay would need to fix (or at least one that they should fix). Although I don't like it, I could see eBay no longer allowing anyone to view closed listings for items that you didn't personally purchase (which seems to already be the case on a hit or miss basis).

5 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I was watching a book last night and with the last ten seconds ticking away, it suddenly replaced the bid screen with a "this item is no longer available".  Probably screwed that seller out of a good sale price (and me out of a book I wanted).

Another thing recently: my saved searches don't turn up the comics that they're supposed to.  It seems performing a new "fresh" search from the home page gets me better results.

My saved searches (with excluded sellers and keywords) haven't worked correctly for months.