• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUNE 2018 SALES THREAD ....CLOSED
4 4

190 posts in this topic

NATIONAL COMICS 18 ………………………..5.0...…………………………...OW...…………………………………..$ 1850 :news: SOLD Markentoth

….looks like there may have been some slight brittleness at the lower right corner in the past ……. no problems since I've had it. This book is SUPER hard to find and I don't mind keeping it..... very aggressive price however. A Lou Fine masterpiece. Steve at Worldwide gave it a 5.5.... which it nearly is IMHO

EBAY 52.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

3 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

NATIONAL COMICS 18 ………………………..5.0...…………………………...OW...…………………………………..$ 1850 ….looks like there may have been some slight brittleness at the lower right corner in the past ……. no problems since I've had it. This book is SUPER hard to find and I don't mind keeping it..... very aggressive price however. A Lou Fine masterpiece. Steve at Worldwide gave it a 5.5.... which it nearly is IMHO

<a href='https://www.ebay.com/' class='notreplace' title='' target='_blank'  style=Take 

Edited by Markentoth

THUNDA 1 ………………………….. 5.0 …………………………...OW...……………………………..$ 3000 …… Autographed by Frank Frazetta with his full signature. A small piece out at right edge. Priced to NOT sell. It's inscribed to a friend of his who was instrumental in early fandom and helped promote him in the 60's and early 70's..... that will be left a mystery to everyone except the next owner, if there is one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

EBAY 57.jpg

EBAY 58.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

4 minutes ago, Markentoth said:

Sorry, I thought that I pasted the TAKE IT symbol in the first time, and then the Edit didn't work correctly. Sigh.

I've been after this issue. It depicts the attack on Pearl Harbor one month before the actual event. CGC says the cover is Reed Crandall though (which is OK, I like him too).

Congrats.  That book is a masterpiece in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Norrin's lawyer said:
7 minutes ago, Markentoth said:

Congrats.  That book is a masterpiece in my opinion. 

I hate parting with some of these..... but Judy's tennis shoes are falling apart and I told her I needed to check the budget..... and then I thought, "this is ridiculous" ….. I'll just have to find some new books …… GOD BLESS....

6 minutes ago, Markentoth said:

WOW!

Is this a Lou Fine cover? I just checked the census and it states that it's a George Tuska cover...

School's still out on that one..... I personally think it's both..... much like I believe the Nationals were sometimes Crandall/ Fine tag teams.... they actually worked in a bullpen setting back then.... a bunch of young, very talented kids having fun and getting paid for it. GOD BLESS....