• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUNE 2018 SALES THREAD ....CLOSED
4 4

190 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Markentoth said:

Sorry, I thought that I pasted the TAKE IT symbol in the first time, and then the Edit didn't work correctly. Sigh.

I've been after this issue. It depicts the attack on Pearl Harbor one month before the actual event. CGC says the cover is Reed Crandall though (which is OK, I like him too).

2 months actually (October 8, 1941).

53A265F5-402D-4A6B-90DC-36591697D993.thumb.jpeg.5aacbce47cfb438f27c1464145932a5a.jpeg

12 hours ago, Markentoth said:

WOW!

Is this a Lou Fine cover? I just checked the census and it states that it's a George Tuska cover...

Jon Berk insists that this is a George Tuska cover. He spoke in person with Tuska, who told Berk that he did this cover. Berk even ordered a commission from Tuska to paint a recreation of the cover.

28 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Jon Berk insists that this is a George Tuska cover. He spoke in person with Tuska, who told Berk that he did this cover. Berk even ordered a commission from Tuska to paint a recreation of the cover.

Jimbo's sales threads are the best.  Always a place that sparks this type of conversation which is something you won't get anywhere else (outside of the cgc boards).  Congrats Jimbo on some great sales!  

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

I also asked Tuska  way back in SDCC about that cover it was his work (thumbsu

19 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

This will be one of the first to be pulled …… I LOVE this book.

MYSTIC 19 ……………….. CGC 7.0 …………………………….OW...………………………. $ 875 :news: SOLD Markentoth

…..I rarely say this, but I think this one is a bit undergraded…. in fact, I sold my CGC 8.0 (Aurora) and kept this one.

EBAY 50.jpg

Swamp Girl :cloud9: My kind of Gal :luhv:

4 hours ago, comicquant said:

Jimbo's sales threads are the best.  Always a place that sparks this type of conversation which is something you won't get anywhere else (outside of the cgc boards).  Congrats Jimbo on some great sales!  

Amen. I second that (thumbsu

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, comicjack said:
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:01 PM, Zolnerowich said:

I also asked Tuska  way back in SDCC about that cover it was his work (thumbsu

That pretty much settles it as far as I'm concerned. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu