• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] MSH 12-20 $395 Shipped! Get Yourself Some Hot Little Sets Tonight!

22 posts in this topic

I said SETS, not SEX, you buncha perverts! :insane:

:rulez:

First :takeit: in thread wins

Shipping is U.S. Priority included in the price (If you're in Canada, final total will be actual minus amount of U.S. Shipping that was included in price.) If you take multiple lots/sets, shipping will be combined and prices adjusted. 

Payment is money order or check; I do not have Paypal.

Returns -- Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back in the same shape on your dime.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head....

Edited by Readcomix

Omega the Unknown complete set #1-10, average grade Fine. (Conditions vary; #10 is lowest grade in this lot.) Here you get the first appearance of Omega the Unknown; the Hulk, Electro, a Peter Parker cameo, Nitro, Lee Elias art on #8, and the first appearance of the second Fool-Killer. Steve Gerber and Mary Skrenes combined to write this unusual and different run. Check out the cover on #5.

The whole thing reads like a couple of grad students in literature or philosophy plotted the whole thing during an all-nighter of dope, sex and pizza.

:news: (Was $35) NOW $25 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

11-book set of Marvel's Bronze Age Doc Savage. You get #1-8 and Giant-Size #1 (complete set) plus Marvel Two-in-One #21 and Giant-Size Spider-Man #3. I think this is all the Doc Savage appearances in color Marvel comics. Again, grades vary, but average grade is FVF. Note spine ticks on #2, small stain lower left #7; on the other hand, #3 is about a 9.0. $

:news: (was $75) NOW $55 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Next, the Kitchen Sink -- literally! 

The entire Warren (#1-16) and Kitchen Sink (#17-41) Bronze Age Spirit magazine run, with #1 autographed by the late Basil Gogos. Grades vary but mostly high side of mid-grade, I'd say. 

:news: (was $200) NOW $160 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Total War/M.A.R.S. Patrol lot

This 10-issue Gold Key series launched in 1965 as Total War; the title changed with #3. 

Get half the set in one shot: #'s 1&2 (Wally Wood art), 5,8,9; grades cluster around 4.5-5.0. All painted covers. Unusual story with slow reveal about an alien invasion and an elite Marines special ops squad's role in combatting the humanoid invaders. 

:news: (was $25) NOW $20 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

That's it for tonight. Planning to offer three more sets tomorrow night, then that's everything for this thread.

Soon thereafter (once I close this), I will begin a long, meandering thread of assorted Gold, Silver and Bronze, both singles and small lots, as well as some interesting oddities thrown in. If you enjoyed the "You Might Find It!" Thread I did a while back, don't miss this next one. :devil:

:news: ON HOLD!

First up, we have a nine-item Justice Machine lot featuring the full Noble Comics run of Justice Machine #1-5, Texas Comics' Justice Machine Annual #1 featuring the first appearance of the Elementals, the Justice Machine Sketchbook Portfolio (Noble Comics 1982), a copy of Elementals #1 (first series from Comico) and the JC Comics Thunder Agents #1 magazine, with a print run of about 18,000 (according to some site I read at some point when I was chasing down this stuff).

Most items in the lot are VF+ or better but the JM4 and the Thunder Agents mag are more like FN+. 

Take the lot for $75 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Typo

Okay, this one is printed in 1988 so it's copper but it's all about two Bronze Age Giants, Wrightson and Starlin, so I hope it's cool here. 

Batman The Cult #1-4 (complete set). Everything here is probably one glaring flaw off NM, so I'm calling them VF. With #1, it's the spine tick by the E in "Book One." With the others, each has an upper left corner that is not sharp.

The big draw here is the first page of #1 is autographed by Berni Wrightson and Jim Starlin. (This comes from the same estate collection as some other autographed items I have either shown or shared here: All-Star 35 splash recreation by Irwin Hasen, Savage Tales #1 by BWS, Warren Spirit mag #1 by Gogos). 

:news: (was $40) NOW $30 shipped within U.S. For the set.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Typo, double-post pic

10-issue original Captain Canuck lot. You get issues #1-7,9,12,13. Most are in VF range; 6 more like VG+ with some cover crinkling, and 13 VG with a long crease in cover, small piece missing upper left. 

:news:  (was $45) NOW $40 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Marvel Super-Heroes #12-20

Most know this title as a reprint title (It was Marvel Collector's Item Classics from #1-11, and reprints as well from #21-105) but issues 12-20, all square-bound giants, contained new feature stories with Golden Age backups. Here is the original material run, a fairly significant contribution to Marvel lore over just nine issues. You get:

#12 first Captain Marvel GVG

#13 first Carol Danvers VG

#14 first Ross Andru on Spiderman VG

#15 Medusa solo story Fine+

#16 Phantom Eagle VG/FN

#17 solo Black Knight GD (see black foxing back cover)

#18 first Guardians of the Galaxy FN-

#19 solo Ka-Zar with Barry Smith/Herb Trimpe cover FVF

#20 solo Dr Doom (vs Diablo), first Valeria VG- (see black foxing back cover)

$395 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg