• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman White Knight...best Batman story since Black Mirror...some spoilers

10 posts in this topic

So I just read all 8 issues of Batman White Knight and was blown away! Sean Murphys story and art was impeccable!!! 

Let me start by saying Ive been wanting Bruce Wayne dead or out of the Batman since before Black Mirror,and Ive been wanting for a more realistic version of a Batman story ( can't wait for the batman by Brain Azzarello on DC Black Label) and with that said I think I got it. Now there are some things that might not be realistic but Ill give Murphy the benefit for sake of the story.

I came across this series because my LCS that Ive been going to for 20 plus years threw it in my pull and hold because they know what they are doing!!!!! And know what I like so THANK YOU Danielle!!!

Also Ive liked Sean Murphys art from ( The Wake and Tokyo Ghost ) and Matt Hollingsworth is BY FAR my favorite colorist so the book had that going for it when I got it. I knew NOTHING about the story but Seans writing keep me interested every  panel and page! He had great "call back " references (i.e the bat mobile from the 1989 movie (which is the BEST ) to the Robin reveal to the "Operation paperclip" and many others that fit this story so well.

The dynamics between all the characters was amazing...Nightwing/Batgirl , Gordon/Bats , Neo/Joker , Jack/Bats , Bats/Harley and  especially between Jack And Harley.

I almost want the read the story again and write about it after each issue! its just a great story.

rantrant

Thanks for listening!!! What do you think????.....

8 hours ago, Raze said:

So I just read all 8 issues of Batman White Knight and was blown away! Sean Murphys story and art was impeccable!!! 

Let me start by saying Ive been wanting Bruce Wayne dead or out of the Batman since before Black Mirror,and Ive been wanting for a more realistic version of a Batman story ( can't wait for the batman by Brain Azzarello on DC Black Label) and with that said I think I got it. Now there are some things that might not be realistic but Ill give Murphy the benefit for sake of the story.

I came across this series because my LCS that Ive been going to for 20 plus years threw it in my pull and hold because they know what they are doing!!!!! And know what I like so THANK YOU Danielle!!!

Also Ive liked Sean Murphys art from ( The Wake and Tokyo Ghost ) and Matt Hollingsworth is BY FAR my favorite colorist so the book had that going for it when I got it. I knew NOTHING about the story but Seans writing keep me interested every  panel and page! He had great "call back " references (i.e the bat mobile from the 1989 movie (which is the BEST ) to the Robin reveal to the "Operation paperclip" and many others that fit this story so well.

The dynamics between all the characters was amazing...Nightwing/Batgirl , Gordon/Bats , Neo/Joker , Jack/Bats , Bats/Harley and  especially between Jack And Harley.

I almost want the read the story again and write about it after each issue! its just a great story.

rantrant

Thanks for listening!!! What do you think????.....

I agree. The payoff was the very last panel.

I felt like the last issue was a little rushed after the tremendous build-up, but that was just me being picky. All in all I loved it, how it drew on so many different facets of the Batman universe (comics, the animated series, movies, etc) and blended them all together so well, while also criticizing the foundation of the Bat mythos. Best Bat series I've read in some time.

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

It left me wondering if we'll be getting a follow up anytime soon.

They (DC), should go the Miller DK route, and let him expand this

with more story and art, it was just that good. Pick it up say 6 month

after the reveal at the end of the (hopefully), first series. :wishluck: 

Edited by The Brain