• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOO Sentimental to sell......
3 3

97 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

The one that I would never sell is my 1967 Merry Marvel Marching Society Kit. Complete. It's in beautiful condition. I still have my original membership card to go with it . The only thing to survive from the original kit. My Mom and Dad paid 69 cents for it back then. Lost in time over the years. I just purchased this kit last year from a collector. When it came in the mail I was taken back to ten years old again.  What a rush! 50 years later. One of the great things of collecting , Memories!!  :cloud9:

Did the MMMS ever find out who the wise guy was that was holding out?

It was me.

Wish I had a kit!

15 hours ago, Paul_Maul said:

I hope I don’t have to sell any of my books, but when push comes to shove I would hang onto nice copies of books I owned as a kid. Those are the ones that make me feel all gooey inside. ?

64DAD66A-C33B-47D5-87F7-1480E8D14F66.jpeg

3E30C13F-D9DA-406E-B158-EACD50A3B3DE.jpeg

84592153-30E6-4BCE-B0DF-36195B0B4932.jpeg

Holy Moses...those are nice!  (worship)

Edited by The Lions Den
Edited response

15 hours ago, KirbyJack said:
16 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Cool thread an prices make me feel dumb I did not buy key comic back then???

Yep. That $20 pre-Robin Detective would look great in my GA short box!

.... if I get some time, I'll try to get some pics from my 1973 Russ Cochran Mail Order Catalogue #1 ..... it's all original art, but there are Frazetta oils in it that sell today for 800K going for 800 bucks.... and pen and inks for $ 75..... tons of EC original art.... Barks oils for less than a grand, etc... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

13 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Photobucket is holding them hostage.... so I'll have to do them again..... it may be a week or so. GOD BLESS.....

I’m going to post something similar in the OA forum, as it’s a bit off topic here.

IE, no sentiment, just regret!

Lots of great posts.... keep 'em coming. It doesn't have to be Earth shattering...… it doesn't have to be Bob Kane's personal copy of Detective 27 that he signed right in front of you... and then gave to you for free. GOD BLESS....