• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rank your top 5 SA Marvel Heroes (Teams are fair game as a unit)
1 1

47 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

1. The Thing

2. Mr. Fantastic 

3. The Human Torch

4. The Invisible Woman 

5. The Fantastic Four 

You almost made me think there for a minute. Thanks for allowing teams! :bigsmile:

She will always be the Invisible Girl to me !  #lovemesomeFF

hmmmmmmm

1. X-Men
  2. Silver Surfer
  3. Avengers
  4. Spider-Man
  5. Iron Man

But it may change if this is overall character versus just their stories in the Silver Age .......... and Daredevil may bump Iron Man ....... hmmm 5th spot is tough.

Edited by Chillax23

7 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Good lists so far, so I’ll give an answer more in keeping with the question. In terms of great Silver Age stories...

1. Fantastic Four 

2. Spider-Man

3. Thor

4. Dr. Strange 

5. Captain America 

In other words:  Kirby, DItko, Kirby, Ditko, Kirby.  :)

1 hour ago, JTLarsen said:

Cap is golden age.

One of the most significant heroes of the Silver Age, too.

He does well in any Age, actually.

Apart from the period during which he was deep-frozen. That goes without saying, of course.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, JTLarsen said:

Cap is golden age.

So's Daredevil.  Neither is made ineligible for consideration as a favorite SA Marvel superhero.

Wolverine, however... :baiting:

Edited by namisgr

17 minutes ago, namisgr said:

So's Daredevil.  Neither is made ineligible for consideration as a favorite SA Marvel superhero.

Wolverine, however... :baiting:

Cap is the same character GA to SA.  DD counts but only as Barrister Murdoch IMO.  As far as Wolvy goes, your right, he just missed the cut off :foryou:

Since the SA Avengers roster included about half the MCU at the time:  Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Yellow Jacket, Wasp, Vision, Captain America, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther & Black Knight. That would seem to be an easy pick.

Add Fantastic Four (which also introduced and featured a slew of characters like the Silver Surfer, Black Panther, HIM/Warlock. the Inhumans and others) and the X-Men & Spider-Man to round out 4. 

Then for me it would have to be Dr. Strange (SA Daredevil just doesn't  do it for me.)

-bc

41 minutes ago, bc said:

Since the SA Avengers roster included about half the MCU at the time:  Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Yellow Jacket, Wasp, Vision, Captain America, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther & Black Knight. That would seem to be an easy pick.

Add Fantastic Four (which also introduced and featured a slew of characters like the Silver Surfer, Black Panther, HIM/Warlock. the Inhumans and others) and the X-Men & Spider-Man to round out 4. 

Then for me it would have to be Dr. Strange (SA Daredevil just doesn't  do it for me.)

-bc

I don't make the rules around here, but as much as I love them, I don't think the Avengers should count.  The FF and the X-Men are teams that were introduced as such and are still to this day marketed (both in print and in other media) primarily as a unit.  The Avengers were an "all-star team" of Marvel's greatest solo characters (excluding Spidey of course).