• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convert CGC book to PGX for Signature Series?

30 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2018 at 10:02 PM, amphoman_com said:

If you have a CGC Universal graded TMNT #1 that has comments "Kevin Eastman" and "Peter Laird" written on interior cover in pen, would it be worth it to send to PGX to have them authenticate the autographs and convert it to a PGX Signature Series book?

sample.png

So getting back to the question at hand...I am going to go with "NO". 

For a couple of reasons, I believe the company has lower standards of grading than others, so your book will more than likely (no promises) come back with a higher overall grade. However, you are looking at a lower quality of grading standards, so this will lead to the value of the book being lower (if you were ever want to sell it or trade it). 

I would advice to google and find out for yourself the reputation of PGX, and other companies, if you really don't want to keep the CGC Universal Grade "Blue Label".

Good luck!

:)

6 minutes ago, LonesomeJoe said:

The Born Again Lord and Savior of Comics has spoken,  we're all going straight to Hell.  Or, as he'll tell you, we're already in a living Hell. 

I wonder what he'll do when this board is no longer an option? hm

3 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Who will this accounting happen with? hm

Ernst and Young

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

I'll  be at Terry's show next year. Want to join Greggy and I Casey?

I’m sorry I missed it last year. If things work out I think we’d like to go next year.

Excuse me?

Are you referring to me? 

You realize your entire comment could be ascribed to literally thousands of L’Boy’s posts? Don’t want to take the time to go back and read them? Just scroll up and see who instigated this. Im not the guy who starts these tiffs, I’m the guy that ends them. Maybe this is a good time to keep your eyes on your own paper.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:15 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ahhhh....now THIS...THIS is the way to handle disagreements and conflicts: naked aggression and hostility. Kudos for your contribution to the CGC boards!

:cloud9:

:cloud9::cloud9:

11 hours ago, The Heckler said:

Excuse me?

Are you referring to me? 

You realize your entire comment could be ascribed to literally thousands of L’Boy’s posts? Don’t want to take the time to go back and read them? Just scroll up and see who instigated this. Im not the guy who starts these tiffs, I’m the guy that ends them. Maybe this is a good time to keep your eyes on your own paper.

Well, you are "The Heckler" . . . hm