• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your MCFARLANE Original Art
2 2

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Fantastic! How long have you had it?

Thanks.  I picked it up about 3 years ago.  Glad I got it when I did.  The prices on his Hulk stuff have gone up quite a bit.

Mike

Love the Hulk stuff.... I always thought his run was underrated. Not that it should be on the same level as his ASM work, for years it seemed like it was given a fraction of the attention/love.

1 hour ago, J.Sid said:

Love the Hulk stuff.... I always thought his run was underrated. Not that it should be on the same level as his ASM work, for years it seemed like it was given a fraction of the attention/love.

It's probably gotten to the point where a lot of people have been priced out of the McSpidey stuff, so they're taking more of a look at his Hulk work.

Mike

11 hours ago, MGS said:

It's probably gotten to the point where a lot of people have been priced out of the McSpidey stuff, so they're taking more of a look at his Hulk work.

Mike

100% agree. I’ve always liked the McHulk and they go for a fraction of the McSpidey. I’m sure there will be a run on that bank now. 

On 6/7/2018 at 12:13 AM, MGS said:

Mike

That may be true but I’ve always preferred his Hulk over Spidey.  

On 6/6/2018 at 11:13 PM, MGS said:
On 6/6/2018 at 9:55 PM, J.Sid said:

Mike

His Hulk work is magnificent, even the early stuff inked by Sanders III. The layouts are there, the form is there...it just needed the refinement. Aside from Detective #578, Hulk #340 was really the first time you saw "full pencils and inks" by McFarlane.

#341, 342, 343...every page, a feast for the eyes.

He put all his effort into ASM #300 and Hulk #340-343 in those months. Spidey #301-305 isn't anywhere near as polished, as, of course, neither is #344-346.

6 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I wish I'd been buying pages in the very early 90s, instead of multiple copies of X-Force #1.

Sigh.

Very true. There are multiples that will pay off I think. NM98 as an example