• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay coupon until 7pm pt tonight CODE: PICKDADSGIFT
2 2

105 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Bird said:
26 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

's a loss leader. They're hoping people see other stuff they just HAVE to have.

Exactly. And it encourages listings as well. In trying to figure out how they justify this I assumed some must come from a promotional budget. But they have been running coupons for a while and you have to think they crunch the numbers and have found this an acceptable loss in the overall scheme of things.

Also sheer volume, also computers and other electronics or just everything gets bought, which those companies get money and stuff sold a perk for them, also creates word of mouth for eBay and those seller's. Plus someone mentioned people buying what they wouldn't normally. I still say eBay gets a kick back somehow. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, somewhereintexas said:

Not sure how that math works.  Give a 20% discount and collect a 10% final value fee, plus PayPal's cut if you want to count that.  Seems like eBay is losing money on every sale.  I'm sure they think this will get some buyers back to using eBay, but I sure don't see it.

You’re neglecting the $100 cap. If it entices someone to make a play for an item that exceeds that amount, or simply bridges the gap and brings a deal together, eBay can still profit. But I’m still with you...eBay has to be taking a bath on these promos...

45 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ugh. Wading through acres of overpriced listings is a chore.

What I did is send out a bunch of messages to different listings asking for 10% to 20% off the BIN listing. Then got some offers sent right to my inbox. So getting the 20% eBay stacked on top actually made it a great deal. 

Sold my 1.5 copy of Superman 35 for $125

Sold a piece of jewelry for $140

Sold $400 worth of Jewelry earlier this week... 

Sold JIM 103 1st Enchantress in a 4.5 for $250 last night. 

As Cube said... it was a good day. 

I might... might buy something... 

Really right now I am trying to decide between a Jeep Renegade or a Jeep Compass... 

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saved 65.40....will wait to post until I receive the book...

Eh I'll tell the book, a cgc 8.5 detective comics #411

1 hour ago, Pitboss said:

2 graded books,2 rolls of bubblewrap and a steamer pot: saved $43 :headbang:

:whatthe: You are right. It said one time use. But you can load the cart and it takes 20% off everything :tonofbricks:

4 minutes ago, DC|Marvel said:

:whatthe: You are right. It said one time use. But you can load the cart and it takes 20% off everything :tonofbricks:

Wow I added two slabs to my cart, one was only $25 and checked out with code. I got 20% off the $25 slab too; both slabs This is annoying because I would have definitely gotten more in that range. 

I was going to pull the trigger on a Sideshow figure but then realized I was 'looking' to buy something instead of buying something I already wanted. 

Other things I can put money toward when it comes up.  

I gotta be disciplined... 

As hard as I tried, I didn't find anything I wanted to buy. All the stuff I wanted was still a bit on the expensive side for me.  Didn't take advantage of the deal.