• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old links fixed!

27 posts in this topic

5 times in the last hour for me. Just able to sign back on a few minutes ago. Error 504, and then trying to sign back in a message about server error.

This time, the message said server configuration, to many connections. Tried to sign back in, said error 504. After 4 attempts, it let me on. Hope this helps.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, Scott =) said:

Examples would be great!

Once you encounter a link that errors, it would be interesting to know whether it errors consistently or inconsistently for you. For example, if you click the link again after seeing the error, does it error again?

I'm guessing you'll find that it's inconsistent. I think those errors are more a symptom of general boards performance than something being "wrong" with redirects. 

Changes have been made recently to boost performance (particularly for logged in users), but there is still room for improvement and we're actively exploring several options.

Scott

The link referenced in this post is broken.   If the above link isn't correct, it page 15, the FT88 post.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The link referenced in this post is broken.   If the above link isn't correct, it page 15, the FT88 post.

That's another example of a link that's pointing to an unusual URL structure: http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=comicgen&Number=1185068&Searchpage=2&Main=1149529&Words=ft88&topic=&Search=true#Post1185068

It looks like it's pointing to some kind of search result page rather than a normal thread URL. The redirects don't seem to support it.

I found the thread by looking at the list of topics on his profile page, though: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/59816-1000-dells-1940-1950/

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, Scott =) said:

If you notice issues related to old links, please let us know by replying to this thread! 

The first six links in this thread are broken.  

Or maybe the threads the first six links linked to were deleted.  :frown: