• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 50 variants
2 2

199 posts in this topic

For the most part, none of the Action Comics #1000 covers struck me.  Same with the Amazing Spider-Man #800's.  But I am loving a lot of these Batman #50 covers.  I'll be getting the Janin (standard cover), the Jim Lee variant, and that absolutely stunning Natali Sanders cover.  I actually like the Warren Louw cover because I like the history around the edges but we'll see if I'm up for spending the extra money on it.

On 6/6/2018 at 2:03 PM, ExNihilo said:

For the most part, none of the Action Comics #1000 covers struck me.  Same with the Amazing Spider-Man #800's.  But I am loving a lot of these Batman #50 covers.  I'll be getting the Janin (standard cover), the Jim Lee variant, and that absolutely stunning Natali Sanders cover.  I actually like the Warren Louw cover because I like the history around the edges but we'll see if I'm up for spending the extra money on it.

Agree as well. Thankfully the Action #1000 variant(s) that i wanted were by my LCS (Kaare Andrews Third Eye Comics variant) , Curt Swan and the Jock variant.

Here is the link to the Jock variant for Batman #50. 

Batman #50

I actually like most of the Batman #50 variants except for ones that are pretty generic. Mainly having Catwoman and Batman together is enticing me, especially in the wedding dress :bigsmile:

13 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

batman 50.jpg

I like Jock's Action 1000 cover but not fond of this one, don't recall Bruce Wayne ever doing this. I guess it's so you can put it with his Action cover.

I've already ordered a Jim Lee but like the Sanders, Louw, Fabok and Mann covers as well.

Still hoping a Tim Sale variant gets announced.

3 hours ago, kimik said:

When does the Sanders variant go on sale? That one looks great.

Comic Market Street is guessing between Sunday and Wednesday.  They said they have a surprise in store.  What that means, who knows.  I kinda hope it's a cover B with her "bridesmaids" in the background (i'm thinking Holly and/or Harley/Ivy).

3 hours ago, DjMartini said:

batman 50.jpg

I agree with @TYPE-R.  The Jock variant of Action Comics #1000 was my favorite of the bunch, but this feels lazy and uninspired.  The pose doesn't evoke Batman.  It's very much a Clark Kent pose to me.  Other than being dark, it just doens't really feel like Batman.

The absolute worst thing for me would be for @Rich_Henn to come in here and offer up some deal on the Jock cover like he did with Action Comics #1000.  "Minimum 5 sigs signed in silver with Tom King and whichever artists I can get."  Like, how am I supposed to say no at the opportunity for matching books and awesome sigs?  I'm already broke!  :roflmao:

Rich Henn...singlehandedly deferring my retirement age.

Edited by ExNihilo

15 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

The absolute worst thing for me would be for @Rich_Henn to come in here and offer up some deal on the Jock cover like he did with Action Comics #1000.  "Minimum 5 sigs signed in silver with Tom King and whichever artists I can get."  Like, how am I supposed to say no at the opportunity for matching books and awesome sigs?  I'm already broke!  :roflmao:

Rich Henn...singlehandedly deferring my retirement age.

HAHAHA, you know it's coming...

:popcorn: