• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 50 variants
2 2

199 posts in this topic

The reveal wasn't the disappointment for me.  It's a wedding issue, not much can come out of it that's mind-blowing.  

It was the splash pages throughout that made it seem more like a 90s cover gallery issue then a real comic.  Frankly, a lot of those pages were not very good either. 

Patrick 

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Story drama aside, the Middleton is just stunning in hand. It's probably modeled after Audrey Hepburn.

IMG_8640.JPG

IMG_8641.JPG

I finally read the issue today and can't say the result of the wedding was a surprise.  The epilogue though certainly was and I can't wait to see what comes next.  Maybe I'm the minority here, but I love how King weaved the letters into the guest artist pages.  And I 100% agree with you, no matter how people feel about the story, the Middleton covers are just ravishing in person.  Literally dumbfounded and awestruck when I opened my package to see them with my own eyes.  Worth every penny for its artistic quality alone.

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

:whatthe::cloud9:

The set is still available from the shop btw.

Yup.  On the one hand it's a travesty that a cover that beautiful didn't sell out quickly.  On the other hand, maybe it's finally a sign that the variant market is oversaturated and the publishers will cut back on how many variants they allow.  :wishluck:  (wishful thinking, i know).

4 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

I just checked.  Seems the 3 pack with the virgin cover is sold out.  

Ahh, I was seeing the "Buy Now" and thought they were available. If you click that it redirects you to the actual "buy" page where they are sold out. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Ladic said:

Hi Guys, I ordered both from Joe Madureira and J Scott Campbell website and have not received anything yet, is this normal?

JSC is one of the slower places to ship in my experience.

43 minutes ago, TheTurk1 said:

IMG_20180905_204926_590.jpg

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's awesome!! Did you pay for the Campbell breakfast/lunch thing?

I see the label now lol

I was on my phone, took me a second.....

CONGRATS on the 9.8!! Beautiful sketches!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM