• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatever happened to Dupcak/Hammer/Comic Keys/Robojo
4 4

102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

Wasn't he some type of body builder?? He might throw you in a choke hold!

It would be really fascinating to sit down and hear his side of these stories. I'm sure it would be a lot of embellishment and rubbish, but it would be really interesting.

He's at the center of some of the most notorious tales in comic history. An industry super villain and the real life secret identity to Kellysuperheros and Comic-Keys. 

Funny, I haven’t been on the board in years, and just started up collecting again. Seeing those KellySuperHereos books reminded me of his older accounts. It was the way the post is listed and the photos are very similar.

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

Wasn't he some type of body builder?? He might throw you in a choke hold!

He might twist ol Buzz into a balloon animal-

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

His past posts would certainly indicate that he had the roid rage thing down pat

I thought I remember him saying it or reading it somewhere.

He had a reputation for honesty and integrity so who knows? That may have been an embellishment. 

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

Wow, read the post by owner of Blu Planet Comics.  It's an incredibly toxic post.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/recent-updates/blu-planet-comics-vs-reddit/

The lowest form of personality is someone that gets angry at someone they screwed over.  

1 minute ago, kav said:

The lowest form of personality is someone that gets angry at someone they screwed over.  

To be fair it does sound like he was going through some personal stuff but nothing excuses him from failing to deliver as promised and ignoring the customer's attempts at communication. Going on social media and posting personal information about the customer and that tidal wave of hate is commercial suicide. 

26 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

To be fair it does sound like he was going through some personal stuff but nothing excuses him from failing to deliver as promised and ignoring the customer's attempts at communication. Going on social media and posting personal information about the customer and that tidal wave of hate is commercial suicide. 

Not to mention if you are a miscreant, 'personal stuff' seems to follow you around.

3 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

That wasn’t written by someone with a personality problem, that was a written by someone with a mental issue.

Agreed. 

The store owner repeatedly references a death of a close family member and that he ran the store by himself and didn't have anyone else who could run the store.  Clearly he was under a lot of stress and crashed and then lashed out.  If you read further down the bleeding cool page you'll see his apology that seems sincere.

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

Agreed. 

The store owner repeatedly references a death of a close family member and that he ran the store by himself and didn't have anyone else who could run the store.  Clearly he was under a lot of stress and crashed and then lashed out.  If you read further down the bleeding cool page you'll see his apology that seems sincere.

It would be sincere, if he refunded the money.
Otherwise not.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Wow, read the post by owner of Blu Planet Comics.  It's an incredibly toxic post.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/recent-updates/blu-planet-comics-vs-reddit/

Yup... he "allegedly" got his in the end.

To be fair, maybe he was under a lot of stress when he wrote that post.  However, he was not under that stress of the loss of a family member when he was "allegedly" doing a number of other things. 

"Allegedly" the sheriff was boarding up / chaining the doors for non payment of rent when he rushed to the door to stop it as he was illegally living in the back.  Where is he now?  No idea. 

However, the name Blu Planet (Thanks @kav for finding that) originally came from him opening on Merrick Rd in the neighboring town of Amityville, (yes home to the horror house) as a combo Comic Book store and Blu Ray Disc retailer.   His model was to sell Blu Rays at full price before the street date under the belief that people would pay a markup to be 'first' on a Blu Ray.  As you can imagine that worked out about as well as I wrote it out to be.   According to someone that used to work there that I was friends with and have not seen in awhile, he was swapping out submitted CGC books or misplacing them and not paying employees.

Again.  "Allegedly" 

EDIT... Might as well throw this in as well. 

A walked into the Amityville location once to say hi to the friend.  After telling him about books that I submitted to or received from CGC, the owner told me that they facilitated submissions.  The friend stepped back and shook his head 'no', explaining why later. 

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yup... he "allegedly" got his in the end.

"Allegedly" the sheriff was boarding up / chaining the doors for non payment of rent when he rushed to the door to stop it as he was illegally living in the back.  Where is he now?  No idea. 

However, the name Blu Planet (Thanks @kav for finding that) originally came from him opening on Merrick Rd in the neighboring town of Amityville, (yes home to the horror house) as a combo Comic Book store and Blu Ray Disc retailer.   His model was to sell Blu Rays at full price before the street date under the belief that people would pay a markup to be 'first' on a Blu Ray.  As you can imagine that worked out about as well as I wrote it out to be.   According to someone that used to work there that I was friends with and have not seen in awhile, he was swapping out submitted CGC books or misplacing them and not paying employees.

Again.  "Allegedly" 

Life has a way of correcting bad behavior...

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Is this him as well? NY location, look at all these ASM 300 sales:

Link

BeatleBlueCat

hm

@Buzzetta

@kav

10 minutes ago, mr_highgrade said:

Although he does have multiple ebay accounts, this isn't one of them. 

Wasn't there a guy on facebook showing off a pile of ASM 300's recently?