• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heroes Con 2018
1 1

56 posts in this topic

Well, I know most foiks here already know who everyone else here is based on their screen names, but I don't post that much so I am still in the dark. If anyone is planning to bring any art and wants to do a late night bit of show and tell after the obligatory dinners out and drinking email me at benno119@gmail.com and maybe we can put something together. I am bringing a few things and its always more fun to see stuff in person than online in my opinion. Benno

I wish I could be there Benno. I've never made it to Heroes but EVERYONE says this is the show to be at in regards to art and the lineup of guests this year looks incredible. I think this is going to have to become a priority to get to ASAP. I hope everyone has a great time and I can't wait to see pictures of all the great new art.

22 hours ago, comix4fun said:

I'll be there with an associate. We're co-sponsoring the Friday Night Drink and Draw benefiting the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's research. 

am i the associate?:wishluck:

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, furthur said:

So who is planning to attend? I will be there and always like to meet other collectors.  Benno

Can I ask a question of the veterans? If you had the rank the Cons for original art collectors, how would you rank them?

42 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Can I ask a question of the veterans? If you had the rank the Cons for original art collectors, how would you rank them?

Heroes is #1 for me in terms of art. I have not been to SDCC so I cannot compare but I have been to Chicago, NYCC, Baltimore, Detroit, and it is my favorite (not to say the others are not good shows). The vibe at Heroes is so good and why I keep going back. Laid back and not chaotic like a lot of shows. Tons of artists and I have heard from several that they enjoy the  atmosphere and don't feel as rushed, etc. Heroes is on the short list of best cons for comic art IMHO. 

3 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Heroes is #1 for me in terms of art. I have not been to SDCC so I cannot compare but I have been to Chicago, NYCC, Baltimore, Detroit, and it is my favorite (not to say the others are not good shows). The vibe at Heroes is so good and why I keep going back. Laid back and not chaotic like a lot of shows. Tons of artists and I have heard from several that they enjoy the  atmosphere and don't feel as rushed, etc. Heroes is on the short list of best cons for comic art IMHO. 

when you say good for art - are there a lot of art vendors? (new york and san diego both have a lot) or is it mostly artist alley - modern art you are talking about?

5 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Have you been to C2E2? That was pretty impressive when I went. 

On June 7, 2018 at 1:54 PM, furthur said:

So who is planning to attend? I will be there and always like to meet other collectors.  Benno

Good to see you around here. I stopped by your office to pick up a book once... that wall art, oh my :whatthe: (worship)