• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heroes Con 2018
1 1

56 posts in this topic

Heroes was a blast. 

The panel discussion I hosted was a success.

The charity Drink and Draw raised over $20,000 in art and donations for Parkinson's research.

And I came away with my favorite piece from the Saturday Night Art Auction. 

All of that AND I was able to squeeze in a lunch at the incomparable "BBQ King".

7 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

and you got to see me and mine! :)

I buried the lede!!  :facepalm:

That was the best part!!!

5 minutes ago, theflashunc said:

Picked up a couple Eltingvile and FF pages. Panels were great. Convention was stellar as ever. 

36ZFeyM4_1906182253531gpadd.jpg

I really dig this...

34 minutes ago, furthur said:

I should have made a run at that Creaturebox piece. I was probably still goggle eyed over the Calvin & Hobbes Remarqued book going for 11K.

Seeing Tony Harris leap up and down after winning the C&H was surreal. I was talking to him afterwards and it was an emotional thing for him, those were the books he'd sit and read with his kids and it was their strongest childhood memory of being with their father and his for them. 

And I was surprised people didn't put up more of a fight on the CreatureBox Joker piece. The CreatureBox Hellboy went just before the Joker and the Hellboy went for more. The Hellboy was spectacular but was just the HB and Abe. Maybe people didn't realize the Joker piece had 6 characters on it. Hard to say. I am thrilled because I expected to pay at least 25% more for it. 

Chris, I glanced at the piece when it was on the wall, but didn't pickup the extras in the background. Once more, I demonstrate that I will never be Batman. Thanks for pointing it out to me after the auction; it was fun to see.

Everyone, most of the auction results are posted on my Facebook page here. Kathy and I left shortly after the Michael Dooney Wonder Woman was sold, but only a few remained and some of those were added by others.

1 hour ago, alxjhnsn said:

Chris, I glanced at the piece when it was on the wall, but didn't pickup the extras in the background. Once more, I demonstrate that I will never be Batman. Thanks for pointing it out to me after the auction; it was fun to see.

Everyone, most of the auction results are posted on my Facebook page here. Kathy and I left shortly after the Michael Dooney Wonder Woman was sold, but only a few remained and some of those were added by others.

Alex, your wallet may be lighter, but as far as I’m concerned, you walked away with the best piece in the auction.  Congrats! ??

9 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Alex, your wallet may be lighter, but as far as I’m concerned, you walked away with the best piece in the auction.  Congrats! ??

Thanks. Mine is the sibling of the auction piece; Anthony Snyder won the auction piece. He already has a buyer in Europe for it for 50% more than auction.  

Mine was sold at David’s table to the first person that asked (me!). The story of our quest is kind of interesting  

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1479894

Kenzie by David Petersen, Comic ArtMine

Th88cGlt_1906181807371gpaiadd.jpgAuction Piece (Anthony Snyder)

Edited by alxjhnsn

12 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

Thanks. Some neat stuff was sold. 

On 6/20/2018 at 2:08 AM, comix4fun said:

34728576_10157513215577619_8129258092048154624_n.jpg.d6d9f9f5ef94c5f548019839f864711b.jpg

That is fantastic... either you also have a load of horrible commissions you are not showing us or I am going to have to feel desperately sorry for the "what if" / "elseworlds" you ;)

On 6/20/2018 at 10:27 AM, furthur said:

I should have made a run at that Creaturebox piece. I was probably still goggle eyed over the Calvin & Hobbes Remarqued book going for 11K.

I was surprised it went for that high, too.  Glad it was for a good cause.  image.png.a8862f8ea0feca54601ee28dbba7b33e.png

Edited by jeranimal