• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBCS is Very Unprofessional and a RIP OFF!!!
2 2

96 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, A-Burning-Desire said:

What a Joke CBCS turned out to be. They are so unprofessional it's scary how they are still in business. One thing after another with them. I said on their forum that I was undecided whom to go with CGC or CBCS. At WonderCon (Anaheim CA.) they were by the artist alley (newer books) while CGC was by the Big Time Vintage Comic Book Dealers so maybe I should look at that. They contacted me and said it was negative against them and be careful what I say. REALLY??? In an open forum? Then someone said about their CENSUS (CBCS don't have one) and everyone had a reason but my reasoning was that they don't do as much older Comic Book (Golden, Silver or Bronze Age book to have one as it wouldn't look very good compared to CGC CENSUS. Then got a lifetime ban from their forums for that??? Also, I got back one of my books with the corner missing. I had a picture 10 minutes (leaving it in the bag) before I handed it to them but it comes back missing? So I let them know and they wanted, GET THIS a picture of me handing it to them with there Company Logo in the background. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I told them I had the book for well over 25 years and hadn't taken out of the clear bag and was handed over to their associate. They come back with "With your own admission you didn't check the book before giving it to us" REALLY??? I can see the damn thing through the clear bag and it's been intact for 25 years. So if you thinking about doing business with CBCS, DON'T! they are not a Company that can be trusted... I have spoken many times on the phone with CBCS and EVERY TIME I get the same people and their Billing phone doesn't even work for weeks??? How small is this Company??? OH but that's not it I thought OK I'll give them another chance, why I don't know just shoot me already right? I got 20 books signed and I checked to see where they are and they closed my account? They are the WITNESS for the signing of these books. I called them and asked whats going on with my account and they said we closed it and we're sending back your books... OK, I paid for the signatures and them witnessing them as well... This is the type of Business CBCS is they have no type of Customer Service what so ever and NEVER and I mean NEVER use them, let my mistake be your guide...

Pls use this format in future thx:

XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX.

XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX.

XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXX X XX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXX XX XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXX.

1 hour ago, A-Burning-Desire said:

I have been a CGC member for over 8 years. Also, it's not bashing or libel as they are a published false statement that is damaging to a "person's" reputation; a written defamation. I have documentation on everything I have said. I'm just stating what they do as a Company, more into Signatures on newer Comics and not into Vintage Comics, those are just facts, not bashing. They don't take responsibility for damaging your assets, another fact. It's like me saying CGC doesn't verify unwitnessed signatures, because they don't it's part of their policy all signatures must be witnessed by CGC or an authorized service. Would you consider the bashing/liable also?

Where is all this anger coming from??

And who are you talking to in the above??

32 minutes ago, NoMan said:
46 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

MC Serch and 3rd Bass.  

trapped at home recovering from surgery. for whatever reason I got sucked into the internet hole of pro - wrestling of which I was never a fan. Interesting to hear about the early territory days (pre vince jr.) Long-story-short: I've researched enough people's beefs so after hearing a history of wrestler beefs (although this fellow Jim Cornette, who was there in early wrestling, is a great story teller) there is only so many beefs I can care enough about to research. Sorry the Bestie Boys were having problems. Hope their human struggles of food, clothing and shelter were taken care of. 

I think they are mostly dead. But I still love their albums.

6 minutes ago, The Brain said:

Where is all this anger coming from??

And who are you talking to in the above??

I dont think he has documentation of what the book looked like when he handed it to them thats the whole point.  No documentation.  I can have a pic of a book I took 20 years ago that has no bearing necessarily on what it looks like now.

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

1571966719_MOVECAT.jpg.75009892b1ab6423dc788a272c157b2f.jpg

'cause they just move threads now.

I expected this thread to ‘poof’ at the least, by the time I got home from work.  :popcorn: 

5 hours ago, Sal said:

if there's one thing i've learned over the years, it's that the amount of punctuation used in a screed by a New Guy is directly proportional to the validity of their complaint(s).

in this case, i think we can all agree that it's time to break out the pitchforks and torches and follow this guy to this thread's inevitable conclusion

10521939343_de79d770d7_b_d.jpg

6 hours ago, A-Burning-Desire said:

Then got a lifetime ban from their forums for that???

When did this happen and what was your forum name?  Voldy's forum publicly posts who gets the ban hammer.  There have been two hammers dropped in the last 30 days.  Which one were you?

What I'm taking from this thread is that it is ok to say CBCS now. Can pictures of CBCS slabs be posted now?? And I wonder what will happen if I say CBCS 3 times? Will Voldy himself appear? Let's try it!! CBCS, CBCS, CBCS........

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I think they are mostly dead. But I still love their albums.

The Beastie Boys really were quite talented.  They could actually play their own instruments and were way ahead of their time fusing elements of punk to rap.   They even recorded an instrumental album... 

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 7.55.18 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The Beastie Boys really were quite talented.  They could actually play their own instruments and were way ahead of their time fusing elements of punk to rap.   They even recorded an instrumental album... 

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 7.55.18 PM.png

Very sad reminder of my age, I was 16 when licensed to ill came out. Huge cassette for everyone to have for party’s. 

:sorry:

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Very low class and inappropriate to come on the compettitor's boards to post this.  

I'm in 100% agreement here. Posting that diatribe in a place where the other party can't at least give their side of the story is pretty classless. On top of that, the OP admitted that after he got hosed the first time, he went back for a second helping. You touch a hot stove once, you know it hurts. Touching it a second time is supposed to hurt less?

2 minutes ago, Batman1fan said:
6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Very low class and inappropriate to come on the compettitor's boards to post this.  

I'm in 100% agreement here. Posting that diatribe in a place where the other party can't at least give their side of the story is pretty classless. On top of that, the OP admitted that after he got hosed the first time, he went back for a second helping. You touch a hot stove once, you know it hurts. Touching it a second time is supposed to hurt less?

We need a CBCS/CSBC/CBSC/whatever rep to come on and tell their side of the story...., 

26 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

They even recorded an instrumental album... 

Stop trying to Phish it up, Dirt.

11 minutes ago, Batman1fan said:

Posting diatribes where other parties can't give their side of the story is as old as the internet. 

But the "hot stove" analogy is interesting...are you suggesting that Voldemort purposely screwed him the first time, and going back to give them another chance was a bad decision and the OP's fault...?