• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage BP increasing

151 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

Cause Heritage is twice the company that Clink or CC is right?:screwy:

It's no mistake to call them the machine, because that's what they are. Entirely up to you whether to bid or not with them. The ultimate price paid is fully within the bidder's control. Just gotta do math.

8 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

for the  non-mathematically challenged  that is a 2.564% increase in the  base revenue for Heritage

Did they also increase the minimum Dollar amount?

20% bp is a 2.564% increase over 19.5%, however, if I understand correctly, for standard sales (i.e. where a lower negotiated sp &/or bp is not negotiated by the seller), Heritage also pulls in a 15% sellers premium, so taking both the bp and sp into account, this represents a 1.45% increase in commission revenue for Heritage i.e. (35% - 34.5%)/34.5% = 1.45% increase

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

19.5% was kind of an odd number to begin with.  Makes you wonder how they came up with it. 

I guess it's like $99.99.   (shrug)

10 hours ago, Point Five said:
13 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

19.5% was kind of an odd number to begin with.  Makes you wonder how they came up with it. 

I guess it's like $99.99.   (shrug)

Good point.  Although apparently they decided that that factor wasn't enough to offset the lost 0.5%.

2 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

So in jersey we're at 27% all in now. What's a half of percent among friends. Nice! :facepalm:

Do they have a presence in NJ so that they collect sales tax on sales there?

36 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Do they have a presence in NJ so that they collect sales tax on sales there?

Last couple of auctions I won I was charged tax.  The below has been plastered on their website for a while now.  I don't know if they have a physical presence in jersey, but never thought they did. Think it's mandated by the state for nj delivery addresses.

image.thumb.png.1c6c13e23de2b6f61f61915ff01fd2ee.png

image.png

23 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Last couple of auctions I won I was charged tax.  The below has been plastered on their website for a while now.  I don't know if they have a physical presence in jersey, but never thought they did. Think it's mandated by the state for nj delivery addresses.

image.thumb.png.1c6c13e23de2b6f61f61915ff01fd2ee.png

image.png

Interesting.  I did not know that. 

Reminds me of pro sports, particularly the NFL.  People complain about rising ticket prices, games are too long, too much or too little protection of the players, controversies with domestic violence, PEDs, kneeling during the anthem, concussion lawsuits, etc.  Yet fans continue to go, buy tickets, concessions, et. al.

They do it because they can and don't fear losing their customers and he owners are the big winners.

Edited by telerites

Increase in BP really!?  Not that it's already high enough for us bidders :p (But then again, when we enter our bids, the % will factor in automatically before we agree to bid that amount).  Not to mention sales tax we have to pay if you live in certain states (CA for me).  Just keeps adding up.