• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES prequel 'BLOODMOON' (2021?)

34 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

I think I lost interest in the Night King when all it took to beat him was a shanking.  Didn't need an army..

I think I lost interest period after season eight. By the time the prequel(s) start coming out I will probably be standing in line with my ducats in hand.

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It's being co-written by Martin and Jane Goldman, doesn't that make it automatically more interesting?

By the way, Jane Goldman is quite a cutie.  :luhv:

aY6znpA.jpg

That is what caught my attention with that recent show details.

Who is involved?

Game of Thrones creators and executive producers David Benioff and D. B. Weiss will not be on board, but purists need not worry. George R R Martin himself is creating the show alongside Jane Goldman, and it is based on a story that the pair have written together. Goldman has form in adapting books for television: she wrote the screenplay for Neil Gaiman's Stardust, Peter Ackroyd's The Limehouse Golem, comic-book adaptation Kick-, Susan Hill's incredibly creepy The Woman In Black, and Tim Burton's big-screen version of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

It's sounding like Martin didn't want this to deviate from his plans for the prequel story details.

20 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It's being co-written by Martin and Jane Goldman, doesn't that make it automatically more interesting?

By the way, Jane Goldman is quite a cutie.  :luhv:

aY6znpA.jpg

is she going to be in the show maybe it might interest me to watch the prequels lol :cloud9:^^

A Song of Ice and Fire author George RR Martin may have just hinted at the title of the upcoming Game of Thrones prequel series. In the past, Martin referred to the show by the title The Long Night. Later, after HBO stressed that the show is still untitled, Martin corrected himself to say that The Long Night is his preferred title for the show, but only one possible title.

In conversation with Entertainment Weekly, Martin touched on the title again. While he stressed that nothing is official yet, Martin revealed one suggested title that is a slight twist on his favorite. “I heard a suggestion that it could be called The Longest Night, which is a variant I wouldn’t mind,” he says. “That would be pretty good.”

The Game of Thrones prequel is now filming under the production title Bloodmoon. The existence of a Bloodmoon logo led some to believe that it would be the official series title, but that seems to not be the case.

S. J. Clarkson has is directing and executive producing the pilot of the prequel series. Naomi Watts is playing the series lead, though details about the character remain under wraps. The cast also includes Josh Whitehouse, Toby Regbo, Ivanno Jeremiah, Georgie Henley, Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, Jamie Campbell Bower, Sheila Atim, Alex Sharp, Miranda Richardson, Marquis Rodriguez, John Simm, Richard McCabe, John Heffernan, and Dixie Egerickx.

This prequel is one of a handful of potential Game of Thrones "successor shows" in development at HBO. President of programming Casey Bloys has said that no other such project will be put into production until after HBO gets the first off the ground.

Looks like the title of the prequel isn't 'Bloodmoon', and the other prequels in the works will not come out until this show establishes itself.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:23 PM, fantastic_four said:

Why would they pick a period so far removed from all events from the first series?  Picking up at some point during the rise of Aegon Targaryen seems like more of a crowd-pleaser.

that has to be one of the other 4 GOT related projects in development. gotta be. practically already written!

30 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

that has to be one of the other 4 GOT related projects in development. gotta be. practically already written!

The HBO President said until this first prequel comes out no other work is going to take place. Which makes sense so they can gauge how much interest there will still be in the show.

EXCLUSIVE: HBO and Sky are on the brink of striking another wide-ranging European programming deal that will potentially see the Game of Thrones franchise remain on the Comcast-owned network for years to come.

Deadline understands that the two companies are close to renewing the output deal that has seen HBO hits such as Game of Thrones, Succession, Big Little Lies and Watchmen air on Sky Atlantic in the UK, Germany and Italy.

There had been rumors that WarnerMedia was considering rolling out streaming service HBO Max in association with Comcast-owned Sky in a number of European territories, but Deadline understands that this is not the case and that Sky will more likely air some HBO Max originals on its Sky Atlantic channel across its territories.

A handful of HBO Max shows have already been taken out to the international market by third party distributors with the likes of Lionsgate launching Anna Kendrick-fronted romantic comedy Love Life, from Paul Feig, at the recent Mipcom market.

The two companies previously agreed an extension of the output deal in 2015 and Deadline understands that it runs through to 2020.

There’s a new Game of Thrones prequel series coming, but just now HBO made it official that the Jane Goldman co-created prequel pilot is not on the table anymore.

“After careful consideration, we have decided not to move forward to series with the Untitled Game of Thrones prequel,” said the AT&T-owned premium cabler Friday, confirming Deadline’s exclusive of October 29 on the fate of the Naomi Watts and Miranda Richardson starrer from the Kingsman scribe. “We thank Jane Goldman, S.J. Clarkson, and the talented cast and crew for all of their hard work and dedication.”