• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 1
6 6

341 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:

I was a little off at 3.0 & 7.5.  Okay maybe a lot off. In my defense I never claimed I was any good at this haha. :facepalm:

jaw-dropping.gif

27 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:

I was a little off at 3.0 & 7.5.  Okay maybe a lot off. In my defense I never claimed I was any good at this haha. :facepalm:

It's all good, I had a ASM 129 that had a spine split Held by tape. I removed the tape and it came back a 3.0 with no notes on the label, that definitely played a role in my estimation. At least we can learn fast, by estimating and getting results usually within 48 hours. It's the PGM forum that teaches quickly. :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's all good, I had a ASM 129 that had a spine split Harold by tape. I removed the tape and it came back a 3.0, that definitely played a role in my estimation. At least we can learn fast, by estimating and getting results usually within 48 hours. It's the PGM forum that teaches quickly. :foryou:

I hate it when Harold splits tape :baiting:lol

1 minute ago, eddly said:

In terms of the change in rules for tape, was it clear that the IH 181 was graded after the change?

jaw-dropping.gif

37 minutes ago, kav said:

yes the hulk is 9.4 and 1.5 for the near mutants

Precisely.   It's very important to list the right grade for the right book.  If you submit your grades to me like this, they'll be recorded like this.  :preach: 

So this is my first known result from an attempt to guess a comic's grade. I received 2 'call the moderators', but the for TIH, it was like getting a legit double par in golf, my 'call the moderator'  for NM was more like, f-it give me double par, on 12 shots. Apparently I grade like I golf, so... consistency.

1 minute ago, Bkd Reader said:

So this is my first known result from an attempt to guess a comic's grade. I received 2 'call the moderators', but the for TIH, it was like getting a legit double par in golf, my 'call the moderator'  for NM was more like, f-it give me double par, on 12 shots. Apparently I grade like I golf, so... consistency.

You'll do better next round. (thumbsu 

2 minutes ago, Bkd Reader said:

greeneggs should give you a mulligan

17 minutes ago, kav said:

I hate it when Harold splits tape :baiting:lol

Yes Maude came over but Harold was too busy dying all over the place trying to dodge the draft or some such...

Harold and Maude movie? Anyone?

:baiting:how does "held" autocorrect to Harold anyway, all while trying to be nice, wth?

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I wanted to wait until sckao gets his ducks in a row

-so, donald duck books next?

2 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

If I have to grade a Carl Barks, I'm outta here! 

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

preach it brother!