• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 1
6 6

341 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, kav said:

yes I also ended up with a total score of 2 by guessing 1.0 and 8.5.  so sickening.  My initial gut was 1.0 and 9.4 then i kept looking for defects.

Also greeneggsandham did not even have the decency to ask me if I didnt want to re think my 8.5 grade.

9 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Meh,

I put 2.0 for IH and 9.2 for NM

I figured 2.0 was the best that IH could have gotten but I guess strategically I could have given IH a 1.8 and hedged my guess. Oh well.

Good strategy to round up for keys on account of the 'bump.'  At least, that was my rationale for 2.0 guess. 

Like you I now feel I should have gone with my gut at 1.8, heh.  But I forget the rule of tape and when that rule changed - in retrospect should have assumed the grade must reflect that piece was fully detached since it wasn't a visible defect or noted on the label (we only knew it because Andy told us).

22 minutes ago, kav said:

Also greeneggsandham did not even have the decency to ask me if I didnt want to re think my 8.5 grade.

If he had just done this and then when I asked should I go higher or lower then he could have said I would go higher mate then i could have said like 9.2?  Then he could have said maybe a bit higher.

1 minute ago, HighStakesComics said:

9.4 & 1.5

yes the hulk is 9.4 and 1.5 for the near mutants

Edited by kav

2 minutes ago, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

Dang. I went 1.5 and 9.6. I haven’t submitted books for a few years. IMO more strict now. I submitted a detective 1 new 52 rrp once and thought for sure a 9.0. Black border on that book. Had good size spine stress and came back 9.6. 

there should be no dang involved here just jumping for joy.  2 points like I got-thats a dang.  If you get 8 points per round you will probably win this contest.  No dang.

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

Good point 

I know what you mean though-this contest makes you want BETTER.  If I got 8 points I would likewise be saying WHY COULDNT IT HAVE BEEN 2 BULLEYES?????? :pullhair:

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I know what you mean though-this contest makes you want BETTER.  If I got 8 points I would likewise be saying WHY COULDNT IT HAVE BEEN 2 BULLEYES?????? :pullhair:

Just like the hobby of collecting itself! :grin: