• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM HULK 181

15 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, sillysophical said:

Thanks - that is my guesstimate too.  I inherited my brother's collection of almost 2,000 comics a couple months ago, and am on a crash course to figure things out.

When I zoom in on the front cover pic, it looks like a spine tick that breaks color?

I'd give it 8.5/9.0

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If everyone already saw that and still said 9.2 then I can go with that as there really isn't much else wrong I agree :shy: 

If you are referring to the one next to the black arrow by the "H" I did see that one and took into account.  Even still I have seen several 9.4s with 2-3 CB spine ticks on a 181. Would love the OP to sub this one and see what the grading gods assign.

OP here.  You have good eyes - there is the tiniest tick there.  I took a close look again.  It partially breaks color. 

24 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Would love the OP to sub this one and see what the grading gods assign.

All of this inherited collection is raw.  This one is definitely worth grading, and probably a few others too.  I think we'd regret it if we sell without grading.

41 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

That's a nice copy (thumbsu

Thanks.  We got lucky :-)

What is going on with the back cover top left corner? Is there some light creasing there?

I took another look, pulled it up from its bag.  Don't see any creasing.  I agree It does look a little odd on my scan, though.

2 hours ago, sillysophical said:

Thanks - that is my guesstimate too.  I inherited my brother's collection of almost 2,000 comics a couple months ago, and am on a crash course to figure things out.

Are you familiar enough with comics to spot amateur color touch?

How long did your brother own the book?

The page color looks OW-White to me.

1 hour ago, sillysophical said:

OP here.  You have good eyes - there is the tiniest tick there.  I took a close look again.  It partially breaks color. 

All of this inherited collection is raw.  This one is definitely worth grading, and probably a few others too.  I think we'd regret it if we sell without grading.

If you send it in, please report back here with the grade.  You might want to consider CGCs prescreen service as well to see if a dry clean and press will help.  I'd def considering doing that.   This book has been a BA blue chip for a while now and honestly still surprised how much it has gone up.  I think you have a nice 7-10k in change with this one.

9.2 to 9.4 top left back cover corner looks like a little bend, although a 9.6 wouldn't surprise me - outstanding copy. OWW pages though I see almost no fade in page-color from edge to center of page so it could be WP.

Edited by jcjames

On the back cover, the bottom of the red triangle has a pinkish smudge look to it. Is that just the scan? Just making sure it wasn't touched up. Certainly has the look of a 9.2. That single tick on the cover shouldn't hurt it too much.