• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
1 1

How big is your collection?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Approximately how many comics do you own?

• 1-500
    • 501-1,000
    • 1,001-5,000
    • 5,001-10,000
    • 10,001 +

16 posts in this topic

The other thread on this topic seems to have a busted poll. I'm curious to see numbers, though I have no idea if my poll options are even good ones. Even so, I'm curious to see people's votes.

My collection is smaller than what I guess most of you have. I'm somewhere around 1400 probably. I have almost a shortbox of stuff to catalog. I am way behind. :(

1 minute ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Are you downsizing? I'm trying to stay to a limited number of boxes, but the struggle is real.

Oh yes sir, trying to anyway.

Over past few years since re-activating, I sold maybe 3 long boxes worth and bought (only) 2 short boxes worth.  I just want to do the same thing a couple of more times (sell ~750, buy ~220) - at this rate, another six years and I'll have thinned down to my keepers - my estimate is 20 short but I'll probably exceed that a bit.

It's very challenging even limiting myself to mostly marvel silver & bronze - plus I've opened door to golden age, an entirely new era for me. And you might recall I bought a couple of ECs from you, and those two comics are not alone . . .

3 minutes ago, grebal said:

Oh yes sir, trying to anyway.

Over past few years since re-activating, I sold maybe 3 long boxes worth and bought (only) 2 short boxes worth.  I just want to do the same thing a couple of more times (sell ~750, buy ~220) - at this rate, another six years and I'll have thinned down to my keepers - my estimate is 20 short but I'll probably exceed that a bit.

It's very challenging even limiting myself to mostly marvel silver & bronze - plus I've opened door to golden age, an entirely new era for me. And you might recall I bought a couple of ECs from you, and those two comics are not alone . . .

Ya, Golden Age is kind of intimidating but so full of really cool stuff. And now DC war and horror is calling to me. Actually, those were my first ever introductions to comics way back when. And that's a deep rabbit hole to go down.

5 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Ya, Golden Age is kind of intimidating but so full of really cool stuff. And now DC war and horror is calling to me. Actually, those were my first ever introductions to comics way back when. And that's a deep rabbit hole to go down.

Had my eyes on that DC horror and some war too - some great, e.g. Wrightson and the warbook grey tones are attractive and I've picked up a few of them here & there as well, just because.   But haven't taken full plunge like creating want lists yet, and hoping I can resist that tendency and remain focused.  Just kind of nibble on the genres not part of my 'core' stuff.

Edited by grebal

19 hours ago, grebal said:

Down to about 14 short and 8 long boxes (incl. three boxes worth of 'extra' copies I still gotta sell), and a 2-3 boxes each of mags and cgcs.

DSCF0215.thumb.JPG.4f9c586ce7ffe5c074b4688a8a9e8c15.JPG

the cabinet's a nice touch. you know it's a high dollar item if it's behind glass. seeing this photo makes me wanna make the effort next time to get there.

i'll play, let me open the closet and take a look:

it's not alot. 5 short boxes, 2 long boxes. All raw. 

Shortbox #1 - really nice Swamp Thing run vol 1 & 2 (THANKS PICKYCOLLECTOR!)

shortbox# 2 - Miller stuff - DD, DKNR 

short box# 3 - Miller stuff - DD, Batman Year One

Short box 4 - really nice Xmen 94 - 150

short box 5 - mis keys

long box 1 - stuff for reading: Micronauts, Walt s Thor run, Moon Knight, Byrne FF

long box 2 , mostly empty but more reading stuff

bank safe vault - only CGC'd titles:  Tales to Astonish #27 7.5 , DTR #1 9.8, DTR #1 SS 9.6 (Miller/Janson), Strange Tales #110 3.5, X-men #94 9.4, GS X Men #1 9.2, House of Secrets #92 8.0 WP!, Marvel Premiere #47 9.8, Flash #123 6.5

It's small and amazingly i'm doing a good job of keeping it that way, nice and focused. 

500 books total bout

Edited by NoMan

On 6/12/2018 at 12:25 PM, grebal said:

Down to about 14 short and 8 long boxes (incl. three boxes worth of 'extra' copies I still gotta sell), and a 2-3 boxes each of mags and cgcs.

DSCF0215.thumb.JPG.4f9c586ce7ffe5c074b4688a8a9e8c15.JPG

Hey-  I bought some raw Conan's from you on feebay a month or two ago.  If you put up anymore stuff from that era be sure to let me know.

Edited by Von Cichlid
grammar

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

personal collection is about 7000

Jointly owned selling stock is about 80,000

Yikes!

1 hour ago, Von Cichlid said:

Hey-  I bought some raw Conan's from you on feebay a month or two ago.  If you put up anymore stuff from that era be sure to let me know.

Wilco!  specific to Conan, or just marvel bronze in general ?

Btw, I appreciate the kind feedback you left me.

And one more quick Q, ...ushein or gator-ok ? 

Send me a PM if you'd like nice copies of Conan 120-126 at no charge (just thanks to a boardie for the wave).