• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - PHANTOM Comic Strip ART

13 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm interested in buying comic strip art from the Phantom (Ghost who Walks) newspaper line.

Anything from 1936-1999.

I'm particularly after art from Ray Moore and Wilson McCoy, but I will make offers for Sy Barry and George Olesen/Keith Williams art as well.

If you have any strips for sale contact me on the forums, where we can discuss pricing and a safe transaction method.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Collectr said:

Hey all,

I'm interested in buying comic strip art from the Phantom (Ghost who Walks) newspaper line.

Anything from 1936-1999.

I'm particularly after art from Ray Moore and Wilson McCoy, but I will make offers for Sy Barry and George Olesen/Keith Williams art as well.

If you have any strips for sale contact me on the forums, where we can discuss pricing and a safe transaction method.

Cheers

If you can find Sy Barry, he has a lot of Sunday sections available for sale. They were being offered by him in NYC at the recent Con. They were going for about $500 a piece.

19 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

If you can find Sy Barry, he has a lot of Sunday sections available for sale. They were being offered by him in NYC at the recent Con. They were going for about $500 a piece.

Thanks.

Yep, I got in touch with his relative David Barry, and he's given a bunch of prices. He drew the phantom for 30 years and it looks like he's got stacks of art left. 

Is anyone else apart from Sy Barry selling off Phantom Art?

4 hours ago, srezvan said:

A few years ago I had Alex Saviuk do a Phantom sketch and he mentioned having some original art for a European edition of the Phantom. I don't know if they are still available, but he does lots of shows.

Thanks. I'll see if I can chase it up. (thumbsu

Just another suggestion. Sometimes, things are mis-spelled when listed. So, I once found a very nice Phantom Stranger wash drawing which was listed as the Phantom "Strangler."

When you have some free time, consider doing word searches for variations. Out of curiosity, I ran "Fantom" in Comic Art Tracker and it generated a few pages of comic art (which I know you don't want, but one is offered as an example) over here: UMBERTO SANDY S - TABLE authentique pour L'HOMME masqué

Try it in the future. You may get lucky.

On 6/25/2018 at 3:54 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Just another suggestion. Sometimes, things are mis-spelled when listed. So, I once found a very nice Phantom Stranger wash drawing which was listed as the Phantom "Strangler."

When you have some free time, consider doing word searches for variations. Out of curiosity, I ran "Fantom" in Comic Art Tracker and it generated a few pages of comic art (which I know you don't want, but one is offered as an example) over here: UMBERTO SANDY S - TABLE authentique pour L'HOMME masqué

Try it in the future. You may get lucky.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll definitely use your method.