• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 2
5 5

275 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

I'm happy, 3.5 and 6.5 respectively.  The 7.0 on the Millie was a little high IMO with the "rat chew" corner but guess I could see a 4 on the WC on a good day.  No complaints.

Glad you did well and Can I have the Fight Comics 39 in your sig as a consolation prize?

So I'm seeing a trend here-near mutants with 7 spine tics a 9.4, millie with rip and detached centerfold a 7.0, torn up weird a 4.0-merely grade the book then add 2-3 full grade points folks!!

3 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

lol You got it!  DM me where to send the picture.

I dont have a Dungeon Master.... :sorry:

-if anyone got 2 bulleyes this round I'm taking my dollies and going home.

I'm naming this round Hurricane Athena

Edited by kav

I thought the criteria for Very Good was no more than a 1/4" triangle or 1/8" square missing out of a corner of the cover - the chunk out of that Weird Chills looks big enough to write a grocery list on (assuming, like me, the only thing you buy at the supermarket is beer). 

1 minute ago, Black_Adam said:

I thought the criteria for Very Good was no more than a 1/4" triangle or 1/8" square missing out of a corner of the cover - the chunk out of that Weird Chills looks big enough to write a grocery list on (assuming, like me, the only thing you buy at the supermarket is beer). 

I can see that one being a 4.0 with a generous grader an a GA curve. The Millie book just seems misgraded to me with all the defects.

3 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Yeah I actually measured it. It was 1" long. I guess that equals 1/4" if it's GA. O.o

9 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Yeah I actually measured it. It was 1" long. I guess that equals 1/4" if it's GA. O.o

Maybe I didn't read far enough (I'm bad that way) and it said, "no more than a 1/4" triangle, 1/8" square or 1" long rectangle..." :tonofbricks:

Edited by Black_Adam
fixed it

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

"no more than a 1/4" triangle, 1/8" square or 1" rectangle..."

mathematically, wtf is a "1/4" triangle, 1/8" square or 1" rectangle"?  because in my book a 1" rectangle is WAY  bigger than a 1/8" square...

Edited by kav

42 minutes ago, mr_highgrade said:

I went 3.0 & 5.0 :tonofbricks:

same here and I thought I was covering my bases of the old GA bump by raising up my grade from my original evaluation.

The good news I suppose is that most of us got spanked by the Millie Book (7.0? holy gift grade, Batman!). The Weird Chills wasn't great but at least it saved me from losing points this round.