• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 2
5 5

275 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I also don't work for CGC - these are my personal standards. Stop being so obtuse.

ok so in your own personal standards what size piece are we talking about?

4 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Y’all never heard of the Nik bump? (shrug) 

Yup, and I gave them both a baby bump.  I just didn't know the baby on Millie was almost full term.  :tonofbricks:

2 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

some samples of pieces missing from a comic book-- as if this needs to be answered.

00808_9Qb4Jro9FD1_600x450.jpg

11091231_10205972701827516_2481317704581985226_n_zpscorvttu6.jpg

article-0-1DD60D3D00000578-193_634x841.jpg

DD 66-a.jpg

Those will buff right out.

I went 5.0 and 6.5...just remember getting hammered in previous contests especially on GA books for undergrading...so aimed a little high on both and came out a little better on the Millie.  Had the WC at 4.5 and then changed it to 5.0 just before submitting...had the Millie at 6.0 and settled on 6.5 (not that I believe it's a 6.5...I think it's a 6.0.  7.0 is a stretch!).  Points on all 4 books so far...I'll take that! :headbang:

2 hours ago, AJD said:

Wow, I thought I was being generous with 3.5 and 5.0.

Have to ask: Andy, was that Millie corner torn when the book was submitted?

That was my initial impression too.

I couldn't go higher than a 3.5 for the WC not with that piece out, the spine wear and the chip on the leading edge.

I went for 5.5 in the end on Millie as one thing the Green Eggs contest has taught me is that I often (but not always) undergrade books compared to CGC. I'm very surprised however it got a 7 with the length of that tear, the general wear and what looks like foxing spots on both the front & back covers.

Although I'm crashing and burning I want to thank thirdgreenham for putting up such curve ball books so far and if it continues we're in for an interesting, albeit bumpy ride. 

Did well it sounds like.  Debated 3.0-3.5 on the 1st and went 3.0 since the chunk out looked huge.  Debated 6.0 and 6.5 with the second and wizely went 6.5 due to oldy bump.  What’s that - 4 points?