• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Framing your OA
3 3

136 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Is there any way to display art safely and attractively that doesn’t involve framing?

I had a couple of Mondo prints professionally framed with museum glass and it ran me about $300 each. 

I have a piece of comic art that I bought on a whim a few years ago. Thought it would be cool to own at least one piece of OA but didn’t want to go heavy into it so only spent about $40 on it. 

I’d now like to display it but based on what the art is worth I really don’t want to plunk $200+ on getting it framed. 

It would be nice to matte it and set it on an easel on top of my bookshelf.  But at the same time I would like to protect the art. 

Any suggestions for displaying cheap stuff?

Michaels has some 11x17 matted frames that display well. If you're worried about UV protection, you can go to the framers and ask them to custom cut a piece of museum glass that fits the frame so that will be a cheaper alternative.