• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Framing your OA
3 3

136 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Keeping art in portfolios is not hoarding.

Many of you guys struggle with the financial outlay to frame drawing funds away from buying more art.

I struggle too but it’s with portfolios, gave that up a very long time ago. Stacks (yes plural 😛) works.2D921878-2AEA-4086-85E2-E187417D3AE6.jpeg.45f8cba0acf7a2e7185eabdde85bd959.jpeg

17 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Not sure why you think saving art in folders is relevant ! It’s not art inside a portfolio . I’m pretty sure most of us are not museum curators so buying art to store in folders you could do better with medium . 

it’s like buying music and not listening to it . That’s an art form as well 

That makes zero sense.  A piece of OA in a portfolio does not make it not art.  All the stuff that my kids made for me in elementary school are not in frames on my wall, does that mean that is not art either?  Your absolute statement is not logical.

6 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

People think I am nuts when I say this, but it's definitely a thing. Hanging a piece can sometimes be the equivalent of hearing a favorite song too many times.

100%

Sometimes it is like discovering the art for the first time all over again as your eye will catch something new, etc. 

On 6/11/2018 at 7:47 PM, dirtymartini1 said:

When getting your OA professionally framed, do you leave the art in its mylar and acid free board or take it out when framing? Please feel free to elaborate on either side why you do what you do.

thanks for the input.

10 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

...this thread is about framing art so let’s see them 

Not exactly.

This thread is "about" OP's question quoted above your statement, specifically to mylar and backing board usage. The definition of elaborate on that does not require pictures of framed art. Unless you have a very different dictionary use from Merriam-Webster's. You're not telling us but it looks like you're not going with mylars/backing boards...maybe you could confirm though in the spirit of @dirtymartini1's ask? And otherwise grant the rest of us to post as we will?

Funny, until you came along with the aggro (in other threads too), everyone was getting along just fine. Maybe it's time to just...

On 6/5/2020 at 3:07 PM, vodou said:

image.png.bbfa69b62aeaf3610cff4b0fec3078dc.png

Edited by vodou
typo

Let’s see those pictures clearly certain characters like to listen to themselves talk instead of posting . Couldn’t care less about there false statements and the only aggressive behaviour here is constant attacks I receive everytime I post . 

2 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Let’s see those pictures clearly certain characters like to listen to themselves talk instead of posting . Couldn’t care less about there false statements and the only aggressive behaviour here is constant attacks I receive everytime I post . 

I think you are being unduly harsh. People have different opinions, and differing opinions can cause conflict. Some people also just like to have a little fun. I wouldn’t take it personally.

I also wouldn’t be so sure anyone reported you for a posting. Don’t outside monitors, or perhaps programs, sometimes flag things?

I don’t think it would protect against UV so art glass would be best route for that . My concern for Mylar is getting glare from it under glass which would make viewing art from angles annoying . I use anti reflective glass as well. Early on I framed a piece that was normal glass and realized quite quickly the ceiling lighting and natural lighting just bounces off the glass and I couldn’t see the art . 

I was reported nobody is monitoring th is thread and being called aggressive when I only have handful of posts is ludicrous . I only visit sharing my Timelys thread where I look at books mostly . Same people come on and always attack then report . I don’t care .

i am chill very chill don’t need picture of half naked man which is clearly derogatory to relax. Leave me alone how about that !

On 6/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Does Mylar offer any protection from exposure to light, or just against degradation of the paper?

I know that the packaging label on E Gerbers' sleeves (at least the archive series ones) state that they protect against UV fading.  I don't think I'd want to put it to the test, though.