• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo Comics Collectors Convention//July 15th, 2018//Los Angeles, CA
1 1

59 posts in this topic

Looking forward to this show! Awesome dealer list and easy fly in, buy books and fly out! Even though the show hasn't even happened, I'm going to be the first to ask if we can make the next one two days.Heck, how about a Friday early bird set-up and Thursday night preview!

Saturday night can be an invite only for collectors to show off their purchases. We can do a dinner at one of the local steakhouses.

I'll be dressed as an unusually friendly magical wizard with a pointy hat. Say hello! (Hello?!)

barnum.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, rabidwolf said:

can tickets still be purchased in advance online

Yes, you can purchase tickets using the following link until Thursday, July 12th. 

http://www.ultimatelashow.com/tickets.html

Advanced tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door.  One ticket gets you into both the Torpedo Comics Collectors Convention and the LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show which will be taking place at the same location - the LAX Hilton on Sunday, July 15th from 10AM-5PM.

My friend  and I got our tickets.  He is not a collector  and this is his first show.

He is more into Horror, King Kong  and zombies, etc so the other side of the show is a nice benefit

I am planning on doing another deal with Terry  and perhaps a few others   and knocking off a bunch of holes in my FOUR COLOR want list

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

If you buy on line are tickets mailed to you or do you have to pick them up at the door?

You get checked off at the door - saves having to line up and go through the registration process at the door. 

Are there tickets? All I got was a single email from the prop store that my payment foe $20 went through. 

Is that enough?

Edited by Shemp

Does anyone know if CGC will be attending this show?  I think it would be a smart move by CGC to participate given it's a higher end show in terms of comic book dealers, so customers can submit books onsite as well as other books to avoid the mad crush and inconvenience of hauling submissions to SDCC and dropping 'em on here in LA.  I'd speculate CGC would do a ton of business at this show.

17 hours ago, Shemp said:

Are there tickets? All I got was a single email from the prop store that my payment foe $20 went through. 

Is that enough?

Yes, there isn't a formal ticket to print, but bring your receipt to the show and we will check you off and issue you a wristband when you get there.  

14 hours ago, BeholdersEye said:

Does anyone know if CGC will be attending this show?  I think it would be a smart move by CGC to participate given it's a higher end show in terms of comic book dealers, so customers can submit books onsite as well as other books to avoid the mad crush and inconvenience of hauling submissions to SDCC and dropping 'em on here in LA.  I'd speculate CGC would do a ton of business at this show.

Given that this is intended to be a preview of what the dealers are bringing to SD, the focus was to get as many dealers there as possible, leaving less room for services like CGC.  So, CGC won't be there this year, but potentially down the line.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, comiconxion said:
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:39 AM, BeholdersEye said:

Given that this is intended to be a preview of what the dealers are bringing to SD, the focus was to get as many dealers there as possible, leaving less room for services like CGC.  So, CGC won't be there this year, but potentially down the line.

….. probably for the best..... as a one day show, I would hate to be torn between waiting in a submission line versus digging through such a ton of "A-game" inventory. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 6/28/2018 at 2:35 PM, comiconxion said:

Hi @comiconxion, are there any updates to the dealer list since the flyers were printed?

On 6/28/2018 at 5:32 PM, comiconxion said:

Yes, there isn't a formal ticket to print, but bring your receipt to the show and we will check you off and issue you a wristband when you get there.  

Will tickets be available at the door?  If I fly out there any chance show sells out?

17 hours ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Will tickets be available at the door?  If I fly out there any chance show sells out?

Tickets will be available at the door, but if you know you'll be flying out, I'd suggest you just buy a ticket in advance.  They are still on sale through July 12th online.  No need to wait until the day of the show.