• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Writing on back cover (see pic), will it still get a regular colour banner? And does it affect grade?

4 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BenLilley said:

Hi all

I have a lowish grade FF52 with some writing etc on the back cover (see picture).

Will this be graded normally or be given an exotic colour? Also (but no so fussed as low grade anyway) how much does it affect grade?

Thank you!

FF.jpg

Since it's low grade, this shouldn't receive a Qualified label. And writing isn't considered restoration. So you're good as far as the blue label goes (provided there's nothing else going on there). And, if this book is in the Good range, it shouldn't affect the grade very much---it will likely just be factored into the overall grade. Example: The grader is between a 2.5 and a 3.0. Because of the writing, the book receives a 2.5 instead of a 3.0.  (thumbsu 

Edited by The Lions Den

48 minutes ago, BenLilley said:

Thank you!

Yeah probably around a 3.5 so maybe looking at a three taking that into account then.

ill be happy with that with a blue label. It’s to protect and display anyway so not selling or anything :) 

A shrewd businessman once told me that you should always look at things as an investment, no matter what your original intentions are...pretty good advice. Good luck to you, my friend...