• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD - INCREDIBLE HULK #181 CGC 9.2 WHITE PAGES $5100 SHIPPED IN THE USA.
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Just graded. 

Last sale I saw on Ebay was $6200, book seems to be always climbing..

:takeit:  IS the winner in the thread, but will always listen to PM's.

All rules apply

NO RETURNS ON CGC BOOKS..IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK BEFORE BUYING..

CHECK OR MO FOR THIS BOOK ONLY.

PM's are welcome.

I will ship overseas also for a cost.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

ih181.jpg

ih181b.jpg

Edited by rube11

Good price??  Perhaps but lets not just assume this book is really a $6,200 book because one person bought at that price on eBay!  Look at the sales this year...many around $4,600.  I would pay $5,100 for this too and it’s a great purchase.  These clowns that pay way over market value are inflating the hobby and make it less enjoyable for too many passionate fans and collectors.  Hey How about I list a hulk 181 9.2 for $7200 and I have my friend, purchase it on eBay for that price then we just exchange back the book and money underground. Boom!  We just valued the book at $7200!!  A joke!  A Scam! $6,200? Pleeeaase!  This is why I like these boards people on here are knowledgeable and fair with prices and we don’t fall for inflating the market and we’re smart and respectful with our purchases and sales.  I value my books collected here and happy to be a part of this community.  You can pretty much find any book you’re looking for on here and you don’t have to overpay, at cons and bookstores.

Edited by T'Challa

5 hours ago, T'Challa said:

Good price??  Perhaps but lets not just assume this book is really a $6,200 book because one person bought at that price on eBay!  Look at the sales this year...many around $4,600.  I would pay $5,100 for this too and it’s a great purchase.  These clowns that pay way over market value are inflating the hobby and make it less enjoyable for too many passionate fans and collectors.  Hey How about I list a hulk 181 9.2 for $7200 and I have my friend, purchase it on eBay for that price then we just exchange back the book and money underground. Boom!  We just valued the book at $7200!!  A joke!  A Scam! $6,200? Pleeeaase!  This is why I like these boards people on here are knowledgeable and fair with prices and we don’t fall for inflating the market and we’re smart and respectful with our purchases and sales.  I value my books collected here and happy to be a part of this community.  You can pretty much find any book you’re looking for on here and you don’t have to overpay, at cons and bookstores.

I'm not surprised to see the recent range of prices paid for this book - it's quite the norm for 181s over about CGC 9.2. Have a look at recent 9.6 and 9.8 sales and you'll see what I mean.

I've often wondered about possibly "staged" sales on ebay (of other books; I'm not referring to IH 181 here...), ones that are statistically off the charts, and serve to drive prices up artificially on GPA. Ditto for cancelled sales, which remain on GPA (as far as I can tell). Case in point: I recently sold a key at the highest recorded on GPA for grade, only to have the buyer back out. The sale is still listed on GPA even though it didn't happen. Anyway, as jsilverjanet has said, we're getting off topic. :ohnoez:

Edited by Frank.Einstein

I bought my 9.8 from eBay and paid a premium but it was worth it as I could pick it up without having to import it and pay high taxes and take the risk of shipping a high value book.  

I continue to buy lots of books from eBay at the current prices and I can say my prices paid are genuine.

At $5100, this is an excellent book, well done to both seller and buyer.

Edited by 360racer

On 6/12/2018 at 4:19 PM, rube11 said:

Just graded. 

Last sale I saw on Ebay was $6200, book seems to be always climbing..

:takeit:  IS the winner in the thread, but will always listen to PM's.

All rules apply

NO RETURNS ON CGC BOOKS..IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK BEFORE BUYING..

CHECK OR MO FOR THIS BOOK ONLY.

PM's are welcome.

I will ship overseas also for a cost.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

ih181.jpg

ih181b.jpg

Beautiful white-paged book!  :cloud9: Congrats to buyer and seller!