• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic Show June 17, 2018 Sunday, Ryan Heshka guest, BC, Canada
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Reminder that the quarterly Vancouver Comic and Toy Show is once again on Father's Day June 17/18 Sunday at the Croatian Cultural Center. 150 x 8' tables of vintage and new comics, toys, actions figures, Pop toys, horror, paper collectibles and $1 blow out comics. Top door prizes are two (2) x $100 draws towards collectible goods from the comicon vendors or from the toy warehouse sponsor. Forumite Ryan Heshka (painter, illustrator) will be among the guests. Admission only $8, FREE parking. More info about family fun and other guests here:

Vancouver Comic Show in 3 halls

fyi, Golden Age Collectables in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia (BC) has just moved their fine comics, manga, toy and gaming shop after decades in the same location.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

The show yesterday was lower than our expected sale levels, seems the the weather and the fact it was on Father’s Day the same day might affected some. 

Hope that the October show will pick up then. :wishluck:

3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

The show yesterday was lower than our expected sale levels ... on Father’s Day the same day might affected some. 

Hope that the October show will pick up then. :wishluck:

Surprised that a Winnipeg vendor had driven here to sell at this show. There was 1 vendor selling semi-key Marvel and Dark Horse Miller comics using prices from 7 years ago: last time he bought at Guide. I sold 2 copies of FF #55 to another flipper so I guess I priced them too cheap?

Since we will be paying higher table rental costs, the 2 promoters 'guarantee' that we will have functioning air conditioning in the 3 Croatian Cult Ctr halls for Oct/18 con. Now onwards to the 2 day Kelowna C.C. Expo Aug 25-26/18 where I will be vending collectible back issues :golfclap: from an endcap, and enjoying the city as a tourist.

20 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Surprised that a Winnipeg vendor had driven here to sell at this show. There was 1 vendor selling semi-key Marvel and Dark Horse Miller comics using prices from 7 years ago: last time he bought at Guide. I sold 2 copies of FF #55 to another flipper so I guess I priced them too cheap?

Since we will be paying higher table rental costs, the 2 promoters 'guarantee' that we will have functioning air conditioning in the 3 Croatian Cult Ctr halls for Oct/18 con. Now onwards to the 2 day Kelowna C.C. Expo Aug 25-26/18 where I will be vending collectible back issues :golfclap: from an endcap, and enjoying the city as a tourist.

I did had met the Winnipeg vendor, had chatted with him a bit. Turned out he was on a travel trip across Canada on the west side and had some shows (the one day shows) scheduled to attend to sell his books. I took a look through many of his books, he has a nice midgrade GA copy of Thrilling #3 with great colours - a monster, a girl ... you know what I mean! The monster’s claws is amazing :x

he gave me a card for further details, and seems I may had brought a few books from him in the past. I learned his eBay name and now met him in person. He has quite a few GA books caught in my eye by interest. :x

On 6/19/2018 at 6:02 AM, Fan Boy said:

I did had met the Winnipeg vendor, had chatted with him a bit.  I learned his eBay name and now met him in person. He has quite a few GA books caught in my eye by interest. :x

Click to enlarge pics of the Father's Day 3 hall Show that have been uploaded. Love the classic pic of the 4 Vancouver :idea: vultures (aardvark88, Thanos88, Wheels, and Tom) all hitting the same under priced vendor at the same time during vendor set up:

Vancouver Comic & Toy Show pics July 17/18

fyi, Golden Age Collectable just moved next door for about another 8 weeks due to renovations at their original shop. :blahblah:

On 6/18/2018 at 9:05 AM, aardvark88 said:

Surprised that a Winnipeg vendor had driven here to sell at this show.

On 6/19/2018 at 6:02 AM, Fan Boy said:

I did had met the Winnipeg vendor, had chatted with him a bit. Turned out he was on a travel trip across Canada on the west side and had some shows (the one day shows) scheduled to attend to sell his books.

I assume this Winnipeg dealer was not Ferd who did make an appearance last summer with a couple of real nice GA books?

Although he normally comes out to visit family members at this time of year, it usually doesn't coincide with a comic convention.

41 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I assume this Winnipeg dealer was not Ferd who did make an appearance last summer with a couple of real nice GA books?

it usually doesn't coincide with a comic convention.

It was indeed Ferd who showed up announced to me, and was trying to restock GGA. He was on a western Canada circuit of cons. Oh well, onward to 2 day Kelowna C.C. Expo for me Aug 25-26, 2018.

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

It was indeed Ferd who showed up announced to me, and was trying to restock GGA. He was on a western Canada circuit of cons. Oh well, onward to 2 day Kelowna C.C. Expo for me Aug 25-26, 2018.

Too bad I missed the convention then as I was still in Europe at the time as Ferd always tends to have a couple of nice books with him.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if he decides to show up next summer or not.  :wishluck:

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Too bad I missed the convention then as I was still in Europe at the time as Ferd always tends to have a couple of nice books with him.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if he decides to show up next summer or not.  :wishluck:

Or perhaps show up for October comic book show? Or did he only come once a year every summer? (shrug)

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:04 AM, Fan Boy said:

Or did he only come once a year every summer? (shrug)

Not sure if Ferd can only time a Van Comic Show with his family visit once a year.

Reminder that Elisa's Central City Comix in Surrey, BC is having their final blow out sale today Wed. after ten (10) years in business due to 'personal reasons.' Graphic novels and hardcover/artbooks are 1/2 off including Artist Editions. Brand new Wed. comics are 40% off retail. Most supplies already sold out at 40% off. Bin back issues are 60% off while the better comics in glass display case are 40% off. Still too expensive for low-ballers? Recent comics from last 3 weeks on wire rack are bulk priced at $1 each. I already grabbed some ASM #800, 801, MLP My Little Pony, Simpsons and Batman. Bit of Rick & Morty and X-titles left for $1.  Image's 'Isola' and 'Monstress' sold out.

fyi, there has now been a 3rd pop culture expo announced for the crowded :baiting: Vancouver calendar for Oct 6-7/18 of the Thanksgiving long weekend: Vancouver Hallowe'en Expo, parade

10' x 10' vendor's booth (I assume vendor gets 8' table but not specified on their website and video), prepaid rate $250 for 2 days but this is primarily an anime and cosplay parade show with some comics and paper collectibles. Artist alley or small retailer 6' table with 2 chairs, prepaid rate quite inexpensive at $100 for 2 day con. Pay parking underground at Robson Square/UBC downtown Vancouver.