• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avenging Spiderman #9

144 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, valiantman said:
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, 500Club said:

I don’t think anyone spouted any such nonsense.  You’re preaching to three collectors/debaters who are very well versed in the economics of the hobby.

The only point that came remotely close was when RMA compared Capes 1 to WD 1, and in that instance it was specifically noted that insight could be drawn because print runs were similar.

You're absolutely right because no one besides the three of you has ever had a conversation just like this one for hundreds of pages in the past 16 years on this board.

Might want to suggest that's what you're addressing when you post then, rather than posting what looks like commentary specific to this thread's discussion. meh

2 hours ago, divad said:
14 hours ago, valiantman said:

You're absolutely right because no one besides the three of you has ever had a conversation just like this one for hundreds of pages in the past 16 years on this board.

Just this one, right here, right now, just you three.

Yep. (but I enjoyed it.) What's that say about me? lol

Some people like hashing these points out.  It's especially relevant if it's a significant trend, as ygogolak seems to think.  I tend to disagree with the magnitude of the trend, but it can't be denied that the propagandizing about these items has markedly increased in the last 3-5 years.

1 hour ago, 500Club said:

Some people like hashing these points out.  It's especially relevant if it's a significant trend, as ygogolak seems to think.  I tend to disagree with the magnitude of the trend, but it can't be denied that the propagandizing about these items has markedly increased in the last 3-5 years.

For sure, and on top of that, labels have been changed. Therefor validating their importance.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
2 hours ago, 500Club said:

For sure, and on top of that, labels have been changed. Therefor validating their importance.

lol  (tsk)

The whimsy and spuriousness of the CGC labels has already been discussed.

50 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
2 hours ago, 500Club said:

Which previews of future issues have had label changes to indicate that they're now first appearances? :popcorn:

10 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Which previews of future issues have had label changes to indicate that they're now first appearances? :popcorn:

I've already posted a couple. But All-New Marvel Now Point One is a good example.

any other foreign issues of this one?

I've got Italian

IMG_0316.jpg

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Spanish

s-l1600.jpg

oops you're right!

57 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I've already posted a couple. But All-New Marvel Now Point One is a good example.

What does the label say?  What did it say?  Is that also a preview/sneak peak thing or original material?  I see the second print covers of 17 with first appearance labels also with notation that it predates the other "firsts" (shrug)  

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

What does the label say?  What did it say?  Is that also a preview/sneak peak thing or original material?  I see the second print covers of 17 with first appearance labels also with notation that it predates the other "firsts" (shrug)  

Both were changed at a later date.

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This book isn't a preview. ANMN Point One features the 1st Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel story and differs from the story featured in Ms. Marvel #1. 

Honestly, I like this book more than Captain Marvel #17 2nd print in the long term despite what the current market value dictates. ANMN Point One is the 1st full appearance of the character, in a story, as opposed to a couple of wonky cameos and one cover appearance on a reprint.

6 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

This book isn't a preview. ANMN Point One features the 1st Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel story and differs from the story featured in Ms. Marvel #1. 

Honestly, I like this book more than Captain Marvel #17 2nd print in the long term despite what the current market value dictates. ANMN Point One is the 1st full appearance of the character, in a story, as opposed to a couple of wonky cameos and one cover appearance on a reprint.

It's not a preview book meant to sell the 5 or so comics that are featured in it?

Thats the purpose of it, no?