• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 3
5 5

220 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Point Five said:

I had 3.0 on the #100, but second-guessed my way to a 2.5. Looked pretty ruff.

So on the #200, it looked like there was a small color-breaking crease or welt on Robin, but I can't see any trace of it in the new photo just posted. I guess it was a scuff on the case or something?  ???

Yeah, I thought the same  (shrug)

Ouch - debated a 2.0 and 2.5 on the 100 and have it a bump to 2.5.  Board members would return a 3.0 with that spine.  Debated between a 8.0 and 8.5 with the 200 - went 8.5 since at the last second it kind of looked like a 9.0.  I’ll probably drop a bunch with a 6.

15 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Ouch - debated a 2.0 and 2.5 on the 100 and have it a bump to 2.5.  Board members would return a 3.0 with that spine.

I don't know if it's worth a separate thread, but if we're giving CGC a grade bump because we know they're wrong, isn't that a problem?

21 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I was 1 grade off on both and i'll take it. Considering I had 2 points total after the 1st 2 rounds i'm gonna celebrate. And also pray I don't muck it up in the next round.

^^

2 minutes ago, trmoore54 said:

:gossip: Someone graded it a 7.0 :whatthe: :insane:

I feel you, I gave it a 4.5, looked before I submitted and saw the frayed spine and thought 2.0..... didn't want to second guess myself and still said 4.5, gave the #200 an 8.5...

All in all 2 points.... 

ibakablowslayup.gif

27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I feel you, I gave it a 4.5, looked before I submitted and saw the frayed spine and thought 2.0..... didn't want to second guess myself and still said 4.5, gave the #200 an 8.5...

All in all 2 points.... 

ibakablowslayup.gif

I went 4.5 as well.  Overthought the over-bump.  Originally started at 3.0 (thought it no worse) and got a little carried away.  Went 8.0 on the 200...got my first minus-point book... :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, trmoore54 said:

I went 4.5 as well.  Overthought the over-bump.  Originally started at 3.0 (thought it no worse) and got a little carried away.  Went 8.0 on the 200...got my first minus-point book... :tonofbricks:

You get used to it, after a while.

15 hours ago, kav said:

This is what I had to do tonight to recover from the trauma-order a pizza:

I hope greenham is proud of himself.

35401680_999676590206084_5784374654747541504_n.jpg

15 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

I would have been proud if that were a veggie pizza. :preach: 

Vegans are so weird....

1946781322_Vegansaresoweird.gif.b8d242066ed4aedbe2faee8299acdccc.gif