• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Summer Auction starting to look pretty good

48 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mr. Machismo said:
6 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Stats are not original.

They are after- production, and were pasted on! WTF?

They tend to do that. That’s a deal breaker for me. 

I could care less about stats.  I don't collect art for the logos.

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

Non-original stats, even pasted-on (as long as it was done in an archival manner), would not be a dealbreaker for me.  

I wouldn't care how they were pasted on so long as they could be removed professionally with no lasting damage to the art.

1 hour ago, inovrmihd said:

I don't have it in front of me, but my recollection is that the splash from TOS 60 is not an image of the "real" Captain America but rather someone disguised as him.  Anyone have any thoughts on whether that makes any difference?  Thanks.

You are correct. It's like the opening sequence of From Russia With Love where SPECTRE agents are fighting a fake James Bond. In this case, Baron Zemo and his men are fighting a fake Captain America in preparation for fighting the real one. 

Guess that explains Cap's awkward stance and bulbous head - it wasn't really him! :idea:

16 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

You are correct. It's like the opening sequence of From Russia With Love where SPECTRE agents are fighting a fake James Bond. In this case, Baron Zemo and his men are fighting a fake Captain America in preparation for fighting the real one. 

Guess that explains Cap's awkward stance and bulbous head - it wasn't really him! :idea:

I did not know that. Hmm. It wouldn't change the amount I'd pay for it, but I would sure would tell everybody else about it before the auction:devil:

4 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I know it's Mignola, but, man, I never liked this cover at all.  

12-year-old me agreed with you. However, I did appreciate the change-up in graphic design to signal a Very Special Story. The Joker cover was terrific though.

Edited by BCarter27

On 7/12/2018 at 2:40 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I collect Team America art, but only from the series. I like this one, but won't be bidding on it.