• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC books: what about wrap covers..?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi all - I collect a lot of CGC books for display because I simply LOVE cover art - but have been wondering for many years about wrap covers. There are some incredible wrap covers out there (standard and variant) but once slabbed of course only show half the cover (obviously) which is a bit for displaying. It would be great if there was some way to display the full cover as a graded book - I know this likely isn't really possible for CGC due to damage to the book the "flattening out" would cause - but anyone else have thoughts on that?

I'm thinking of books such as the recent Hunt for Wolverine 1 Kubert wrap variant or a fav of mine Daredevil 25 kubert

DD.JPG

Wolv.JPG

My first thought would be to look at larger toploaders and see if there's one that would fit nicely.  Obviously flattening a comic like that would be pretty bad for the collectibility, so you might have to remove some pages (or all of them) to show off the cover that way.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/type/toploader/large

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, valiantman said:

My first thought would be to look at larger toploaders and see if there's one that would fit nicely.  Obviously flattening a comic like that would be pretty bad for the collectibility, so you might have to remove some pages (or all of them) to show off the cover that way.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/type/toploader/large

You might as well buy a print at that point and display that while leaving the preserved book tucked away.  I've read of some people displaying their high grade major keys this way in order to keep them away from direct lighting that might otherwise fade the colors.

Edited by ExNihilo

10 hours ago, Swissboy13 said:

All good points thanks! I think the print option is good - although not easy to get hold of retrospectively 

Scan your own book and make your own print for personal use?