• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action #1 And Captain America Comics #1 eBay Auctions
4 4

57 posts in this topic

Perhaps the new owner can convince the person who owns the NG CGC centerfold to finally sell.  I remember years ago when CGC first introduced the NG designation there were individual pages and a centerfold they slabbed that eventually wound up at auction.  

16 hours ago, SeniorSurfer said:

That Cap #1 does look great and is probably circling in on its selling price too (unless somebody goes nuts) seeing as how the 7.5 Cap #1 in this week's CC auction went for 257K.

Also worth noting is that its label has "Very minor amount of color touch on cover.  Very minor amount of glue on cover" but it gets the "GA Pass" and resides in a Universal label.  I've opened a magic marker in a different room from a Nexus #28 and it comes back with a POD and C3 description.

Very curious on this!  So when did "minor color touch" no longer receive a Restored designation on the label?? hm

On 6/15/2018 at 2:30 PM, woowoo said:

No really. I find that low grade keys restored sell for just a little less than higher grade restored keys.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cbcs-restored-vg-45-extensive-amateur-off-white-pages/a/7124-91043.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

$167,300.00

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=756550

$242,000 

look at the clink Bat 1

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2018june%26session%3D2%26pg%3D2%23Item_1258217&id=1258217&itemType=0

16k for that beater

I do agree with you on most of your post the   (True, but let's be honest.) :whistle:   well... we can see what they're doing instead :cry: 

Indeed moderate extensive 0.5 missing cf and the wrap after that is split.... Also we dont know if the pages were treated.... large piece added, moderate color touch, Cover cleaned... Im leaning  towards extensive 

unslabbing or not grading this one is a uneverving especially them calling it slight resto. 

Newbie with money would be fooled.

16 hours ago, mosconi said:

Very curious on this!  So when did "minor color touch" no longer receive a Restored designation on the label?? hm

CGC allows only Golden Age books with a small amount of glue and / or color touch to be in a blue (universal) holder if the glue and / or color touch do NOT improve the grade. The glue and / or color touch are factored into the grade as defects because they are foreign material.

If they improve the grade, the book is encapsulated in a Restored label and the restoration is factored into the grade.

It's been like this since day one.

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

CGC allows only Golden Age books with a small amount of glue and / or color touch to be in a blue (universal) holder if the glue and / or color touch do NOT improve the grade. The glue and / or color touch are factored into the grade as defects because they are foreign material.

If they improve the grade, the book is encapsulated in a Restored label and the restoration is factored into the grade.

It's been like this since day one.

As you stated. There are many front cover edge tears, all the way around, that have been color touched on the Cap 1, but so amateurishly, right over and bleeding into unmended tears, that the color touch is much darker than the areas it was meant to improve, thus does nothing to improve the appearance. As well as the pink color touch on the inside pages of the top left corner. Good CGC call.

33 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

What did the books go for?

eBay links no longer work.

doh!

Thats why I started doing this or put in a tracking bid and you will be alerted at the end of auction via email what the item sold for. (After about ten previous emails enticing you to bid because you have been outbid)

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 10.07.28 PM.png

This my have been discussed but I just realized the Cap 1 was the same book that sold on July 22nd, 2010 for $23,500 according to GPA.  A rise in price of $151,700 in just under 10 years.  A nearly 7.5x price increase!  That makes my head hurt o.O

1 hour ago, GoldCap said:

This my have been discussed but I just realized the Cap 1 was the same book that sold on July 22nd, 2010 for $23,500 according to GPA.  A rise in price of $151,700 in just under 10 years.  A nearly 7.5x price increase!  That makes my head hurt o.O

whew!  I knew GA Cap 1 had been on a bull run but that really puts it in perspective.   Yikes.

11 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

A LOT less than 10% of $175K. Ebay has a FVF limit of $750. From a fee perspective, ebay is great for selling a high dollar book.

Holy cow, did not know that! Thanks!
Meanwhile, they tax the out of the little guy.

Edited by ygogolak