Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con) — May 31-June 2, 2019
0

26 posts in this topic

14,067 posts

Home page

Facebook page

Guessing the name change was motivated by the SDCC lawsuit...

Edited by mysterio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts

About 8 months away, and looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts

Looks like we’ll have an endcap. I’m already looking forward to it, this is a fun show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283 posts

Comic Guest announced so far are:

Greg Capullo

Jose Delbo

Chip Zdharsky

Mark Morales

Laura Martin

Mark Brooks

Allen Bellman 

Afua Richardson

Steve Orlando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts
6 hours ago, SSkufan said:

Comic Guest announced so far are:

Greg Capullo

Jose Delbo

Chip Zdharsky

Mark Morales

Laura Martin

Mark Brooks

Allen Bellman 

Afua Richardson

Steve Orlando

Hoping that these aren’t it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283 posts
12 hours ago, mysterio said:

Hoping that these aren’t it...

Ditto I just wrote a portion of the list with some of the bigger names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
146 posts

I hit their page over the weekend and wasn't wowed with what I saw. Which is kinda bumming me out since I can get a pretty cheap flight out that weekend! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts
On 2/25/2019 at 9:52 PM, D Stuart said:

I hit their page over the weekend and wasn't wowed with what I saw. Which is kinda bumming me out since I can get a pretty cheap flight out that weekend! 

It’s a great show in a great city, but yes, hopefully they can beef up that comic guest list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts

A bit less than two months out. Still hoping for more comics guests...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts

George Takei added. Still hoping for more comic guests...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283 posts
8 hours ago, mysterio said:

George Takei added. Still hoping for more comic guests...

That makes two of us . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 posts
On 2/25/2019 at 3:12 AM, mysterio said:

Chip Zdharsky

He dropped it :'(

But also Neal Adams and Andy Kubert will be there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,872 posts

Denver’s really not bringing much of anything when it comes to comics this year. I’m pretty disappointed in the guest list. They have a month to salvage it but I really don’t see it happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts
7 hours ago, cbalroman said:

Denver’s really not bringing much of anything when it comes to comics this year. I’m pretty disappointed in the guest list. They have a month to salvage it but I really don’t see it happening 

There should be books in the room (we’ll be doing our part there) but yes, I’d like to see them beef up the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts

Just noticed William Katt on the list, may have to get an auto from a celeb for a change. 

FCE19985-582F-482E-AA4A-52F611FE70E7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts

Working on our prep for the show, stuffing boxes with plenty of $2 and priced as marked books from newly purchased collections we hadn’t processed previously. If there is anything you’re looking for let me know via PM and I can see what we’ve got. 

We’ll be at booth 155.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 posts

Have any of you guys done a show drop off? I'm bringing >30 books and I have no idea how to do that without risk of damaging anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,067 posts
9 minutes ago, zsarkis said:

Have any of you guys done a show drop off? I'm bringing >30 books and I have no idea how to do that without risk of damaging anything.

If you’re taking them to the CGC booth they pack them into boxes for the trip to Florida. Just protect them well in bags and boards and you’ll be good. I’d advise doing the forms online ahead of time and having the printed packing slips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 posts
8 minutes ago, mysterio said:

If you’re taking them to the CGC booth they pack them into boxes for the trip to Florida. Just protect them well in bags and boards and you’ll be good. I’d advise doing the forms online ahead of time and having the printed packing slips. 

Awesome, thanks! I filled out the forms and have everything bagged/boarded I just was a little worried about walking around with a backpack of books from golden-modern age stuff all loose. I think I'm just gunna try to get a few different sized boxes and go by era?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0