• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con) — May 31-June 2, 2019

26 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2019 at 9:52 PM, D Stuart said:

I hit their page over the weekend and wasn't wowed with what I saw. Which is kinda bumming me out since I can get a pretty cheap flight out that weekend! 

It’s a great show in a great city, but yes, hopefully they can beef up that comic guest list. 

Denver’s really not bringing much of anything when it comes to comics this year. I’m pretty disappointed in the guest list. They have a month to salvage it but I really don’t see it happening 

7 hours ago, cbalroman said:

Denver’s really not bringing much of anything when it comes to comics this year. I’m pretty disappointed in the guest list. They have a month to salvage it but I really don’t see it happening 

There should be books in the room (we’ll be doing our part there) but yes, I’d like to see them beef up the list. 

Working on our prep for the show, stuffing boxes with plenty of $2 and priced as marked books from newly purchased collections we hadn’t processed previously. If there is anything you’re looking for let me know via PM and I can see what we’ve got. 

We’ll be at booth 155.

9 minutes ago, zsarkis said:

Have any of you guys done a show drop off? I'm bringing >30 books and I have no idea how to do that without risk of damaging anything.

If you’re taking them to the CGC booth they pack them into boxes for the trip to Florida. Just protect them well in bags and boards and you’ll be good. I’d advise doing the forms online ahead of time and having the printed packing slips. 

8 minutes ago, mysterio said:

If you’re taking them to the CGC booth they pack them into boxes for the trip to Florida. Just protect them well in bags and boards and you’ll be good. I’d advise doing the forms online ahead of time and having the printed packing slips. 

Awesome, thanks! I filled out the forms and have everything bagged/boarded I just was a little worried about walking around with a backpack of books from golden-modern age stuff all loose. I think I'm just gunna try to get a few different sized boxes and go by era?