• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Action 1 on ebay!!!!

269 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, woowoo said:

cc.jpg.df921c9748c8ad39c671962a287c317a.jpg

cs 1.jpg

25 minutes ago, woowoo said:

jjj.jpg

Batman 1.jpg

How about you explain how these statements are factually incorrect:

"when the buyer submits this to the CGC, and it bounds back to him or her in a 0.5 purple labeled holder from whence it came"

"What do you call the decision to bypass having it slabbed, a 0.5, to market it as a 3.5 or 4.0, or 4.5, or 5.0 raw?

Is the book restored? Would it grade 0.5 incomplete?

Did the seller decide to bypass offering it slabbed as a 0.5 with extensive resto?

Did he choose to market it as a raw (pick a grade) 3.0 to 5.0?

Are they factually incorrect simply because they're my statements?

Or would these be correct if someone other than me stated so and it's simply a case of your having to be right thus calling me a liar to accomplish that?

Edited by James J Johnson

3 hours ago, Bronty said:

I agree.    My gut is that a front cover is worth maybe 125k by itself.   I'm not in the market for action 1's nor do I follow it that closely, but that's the angle I come at it from, which kind of lines up with what you're saying, just from a different approach

Really ? A mod/ext restored Action 1 cover is worth $125,000 ?!  Does anyone else agree or disagree with this? Again, my mind is getting blown here and I just want to make sure I'm the crazy one here ....... BTW, I would be so happy if this actually was a current market truth

Edited by fishbone

1 minute ago, fishbone said:

Really ? A mod/ext restored Action 1 cover is worth $125,000 ?!  Does anyone else agree or disagree with this? Again, my mind is getting blown here and I just want to make sure I'm the crazy one here ....... BTW, I would be so happy to have this confirmed, if only in the court of opinion 

$125K for a complete front cover? More.  

The grading fees on this Sparkle City Action 1 would be $5000 the max. This copy represents so nicely raw. This is the second Acton 1 Sparkle City have auction on Ebay and the last copy was in 2012 a 7.0 restored with married pages (1st wrap). Perhaps this current Action 1 on ebay the consignor decided to have it auction raw.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

29 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

"when the buyer submits this to the CGC, and it bounds back to him or her in a 0.5 purple labeled holder from whence it came"

"What do you call the decision to bypass having it slabbed, a 0.5, to market it as a 3.5 or 4.0, or 4.5, or 5.0 raw?

Is the book restored? Would it grade 0.5 incomplete?

Did the seller decide to bypass offering it slabbed as a 0.5 with extensive resto?

Did he choose to market it as a raw (pick a grade) 3.0 to 5.0?

Are they factually incorrect simply because they're my statements?

Or would these be correct if someone other than me stated so and it's simply a case of your having to be right thus calling me a liar to accomplish that?

JJJ I think you got me and duck mix up. I got No Spider-Man in this fight :whatthe:

57 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I already did.  I'm focusing on the words in italics and here's what I said:

The book was never in a PLOD.  The book was never marketed as a 3.5 to 5.0 raw (it was marketed as a .5 that looked better than the grade). 

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

Someone else recognized that the resto was extensive aside from me. Why didn't you?

I did.  Sparkle City was saying it was moderate/extensive when I first looked at the book and posted. Hence my comment that there was "no need to state the obvious."  Let's both move on.

42 minutes ago, woowoo said:

JJJ I think you got me and duck mix up. I got No Spider-Man in this fight :whatthe:

Drat. I was trying to draw you in! But you're too sensible for that  (worship)   The duck, on the other hand......   :devil:

You Golden age section guys! My peeps in Comics General were right. That duck with the paper-thin skin; his plumage alone, is worth the price of admission! :whee:

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

You again. Did you notice how the description was modified after I posted about there being more to the book than was being divulged? You seem to have selective amnesia, Daffy. You call that "disparaging"? That I stated the seller opted to sell it raw rather than under a 0.5 extensive restored label? :roflmao:

And let me ask. With all your hobby acumen, a self-professed master of the hobby and me. Me. Lowly, insignificant, me and all things, with the schools and degrees you've posted about earning. Did any of those many credentials help your eyesight at all? How about cognitive abilities.  How come no-nothing me. Nothing compared to you, as you profess, was able to look at those scans and positively aver without question, "this book is extensively restored", and you failed to either see it, or mention it? With all you know, as you have told me. All of your degrees, as you have stated. All of your mastery over all things me, as you have told me. How come I was the only one here who stated anything about there being more to the description than meets the eye?

Do all of your posts have to be insulting to other board members?

6 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

Do all of your posts have to be insulting to other board members?

Insulting to someone else? If anything, I insulted me! You missed that part?

"How come no-nothing me. Nothing compared to you".

That's self-derogatory, as far as I can see. You see it differently, whatever, whichever way you interpret it, as I stated the first time the Duck told me he was superior, I stated that I won't argue that point with him, I'd rather agree with him than argue about it, as it's a moot point.  

There's no insulting commentary here in any of my posts directed at anyone but me, and if you're interpreting it that way, it's not the way it was intended.

4 hours ago, Bronty said:

I agree.    My gut is that a front cover is worth maybe 125k by itself.   I'm not in the market for action 1's nor do I follow it that closely, but that's the angle I come at it from, which kind of lines up with what you're saying, just from a different approach

an unrestored yes... a extensive restored no

Just now, Larryw7 said:

sfcityduck never called anyone daffy, or keeps trashing the GA forum, which was peaceful until you showed up. Why don't you go back to CG with your "peeps"?

It's still not peaceful? Daffy is a duck, BTW? So his name is SFcityDuck, and if I call him "duck", or "daffy" (who also is a duck), you consider that an insult?  :facepalm: 

2 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

The grading fees on this Sparkle City Action 1 would be $5000 the max. This copy represents so nicely raw. This is the second Acton 1 Sparkle City have auction on Ebay and the last copy was in 2012 a 7.0 restored with married pages (1st wrap). Perhaps this current Action 1 on ebay the consignor decided to have it auction raw.

Based on my recollection eBay charges a max final value fee of $750. However, for members with an eBay store as I’m sure Sparkle City has it drops back down to the old amount of $250.

25 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Based on my recollection eBay charges a max final value fee of $750. However, for members with an eBay store as I’m sure Sparkle City has it drops back down to the old amount of $250.

$250 is the maximum seller fee for this, the maximum bid price reached long ago. That's going to be about a 1/10th of 1% seller premium that Sparkle pays Ebay! That's 100 times less than if sold on Link, and about 200 times less than if sold by Heritage!

Of course, there are risks in dealing with a buyer yourself. Risks that the major auction houses assume when handling your sale with your complete confidence. Ebay? Paypal? $100,000+. I wouldn't take the chance. I like the sure thing that consigning to Link and Heritage assures.