• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Action 1 on ebay!!!!

269 posts in this topic

Got to enjoy seeing this low grade copy hit the market. It’s a restored .5 (missing the centerfold). But it has beautiful pages and a solid cover. This should get interesting. Probably the best kind of low grade copy to go up for auction. Anyway, 8 days left and already at $100K!!!

069D17C6-EEC7-47CB-B089-B082310AA8D5.jpeg

Probably great timing with the 8.5 just going for just over two million. A very nice entry level copy if you can live with the defects. Come on, how many people are dying to read the Slam Brady (or what ever the center fold story is)? For every one or two buyers at the top who can buy the high grade one, there are probably a hundred people or more who would step up happily for this one. Great marketing on the part of Sparkle City to offer it raw with full disclosure. I, for one, would be very happy to own this copy...

I also thought 100k max since Just this week the TEC 27 8.5 moderate sold for  242k with 6 months time payments. It was complete. The centerfold is not about Slam bradley... Its about having a complete book. With the centerfold... Good lick finding and for a hefty price for sure: 35k -50k... You are left with and extensive 5.0     

So at the current 100k its already 135k150k. Centerfolds mater!! Its about having the complete book.

At 100k makes sense. Over that its someone with not enough patience or knowdlege of current market. Better to wait for an extensive complete 5.0 at 150k  with a 6 month payment plan from Comicconnect.

Many people have tossed around the idea that a complete, coverless Action 1 would bring $100k+ lately -- would you rather have a complete coverless copy or this one (covers but no centerfold)?  It seems like the obvious answer is this copy, so the quick $100k start doesn't surprise me.  

12 minutes ago, Action252Kid said:

Many people have tossed around the idea that a complete, coverless Action 1 would bring $100k+ lately -- would you rather have a complete coverless copy or this one (covers but no centerfold)?  It seems like the obvious answer is this copy, so the quick $100k start doesn't surprise me.  

I was one to say that but we all meant in a few years 3-5 if the market keeps rising. Its already about 70k for a complete and missing cf are selling for 35k and under. All super presenting ones. 

The cover on this book is extensive. slight never has spine work, etc, etc. Maybe moderate at best. Thats why they didnt send to cgc. Not as sexy when its moderatee extensive amateur.

100k makes sense. Im saying this cause im an actual potential bidder that could do it now.

I would just buy an 8.5 moderate 242k Instead of this extensive 0.5 at xxxxxx

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Not saying that centerfolds don't matter at all. Without it, the book is incomplete and poor. HUGE money difference. What I am saying is that on this book collectors are after the first Superman appearance. This is all there. In a very respectable looking "poor" condition, this is a very affordable alternative. For the money, most can overlook whatever the insignificant story is that is incomplete. Nice pages, basicaly, un-restored and very presentable like this one, many, including my self, would be very happy to own it.

I would be too but would pay what I think its worth. Its moderate to extensive and incomplete 0.5

1 hour ago, zen514 said:

I was one to say that but we all meant in a few years 3-5 if the market keeps rising. Its already about 70k for a complete and missing cf are selling for 35k and under. All super presenting ones. 

The cover on this book is extensive. slight never has spine work, etc, etc. Maybe moderate at best. Thats why they didnt send to cgc. Not as sexy when its moderatee extensive amateur.

100k makes sense. Im saying this cause im an actual potential bidder that could do it now.

I would just buy an 8.5 moderate 242k Instead of this extensive 0.5 at xxxxxx

Where have you seen a coverless missing the centerfold go for $35K and under? And not because I’m doubting you, but I’d like one lol. I’ve never seen one go up for sale auction at least the last few years. I know a coverless complete sold somewhat recently by way of private sale for $80K or $85K.

4 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Where have you seen a coverless missing the centerfold go for $35K and under? And not because I’m doubting you, but I’d like one lol. I’ve never seen one go up for sale auction at least the last few years. I know a coverless complete sold somewhat recently by way of private sale for $80K or $85K.

Comicconnect  in march a Tec27  Jerry Robinson copy to boot!!Signed and his personal copy.

also private sale last week slightly over 30k missing cf cream to off white pages.

Btw. If you have a cash buyer at 100k i have access to Action 1 coverless complete off white pages no resto. To you or any other boardie.  

So public is a hard  real sale and I can offer one for 100k now for any takers.

Edited by zen514

5 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I agree. But $150K purchase? On ebay? Getting that $150K bid is going to be a lot simpler than actually getting paid the $150K! Ebay and Paypal would be among the last entities I would entrust this sale to: Why?

The buyer is always right. But what if something goes wrong. With the delivery, with a return, with anything. A chargeback, a paypal claim for item not described or received?

In my opinion, this seller's greed, his cracking it out and going the ebay raw route has opened him up to risks that he wouldn't have had if he left it slabbed and sold it through Heritage, Connect, Link, etc., as a slabbed book.and let them handle the responsibility of buyer fraud on an item like this.  

29 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I agree. But $150K purchase? On ebay? Getting that $150K bid is going to be a lot simpler than actually getting paid the $150K! Ebay and Paypal would be among the last entities I would entrust this sale to: Why?

The buyer is always right. But what if something goes wrong. With the delivery, with a return, with anything. A chargeback, a paypal claim for item not described or received?

In my opinion, this seller's greed, his cracking it out and going the ebay raw route has opened him up to risks that he wouldn't have had if he left it slabbed and sold it through Heritage, Connect, Link, etc., as a slabbed book.and let them handle the responsibility of buyer fraud on an item like this.  

Other big books considerably more expensive have sold through eBay. And how do you know this was graded already?

1 hour ago, zen514 said:

Comicconnect  in march a Tec27  Jerry Robinson copy to boot!!Signed and his personal copy.

also private sale last week slightly over 30k missing cf cream to off white pages.

Btw. If you have a cash buyer at 100k i have access to Action 1 coverless complete off white pages no resto. To you or any other boardie.  

So public is a hard  real sale and I can offer one for 100k now for any takers.

I’m going to keep you in mind sir. I very much hope to have the cash needed someday soon for that. But if you ever come across a coverless copy missing one wrap or more please keep me in mind! That would be up my alley now.

Edited by LDarkseid1