• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 4
6 6

265 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, kav said:

CGC should never have instituted the 1.8 grade because now people think there's 6.8

I never understood the 1.8 grade - there is way too much variability in such shabby books to declare 0.2 grade differences at that level.

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

I never understood the 1.8 grade - there is way too much variability in such shabby books to declare 0.2 grade differences at that level.

exactly why not a 2.2, then?

7 hours ago, jcjames said:

If you're like me all you can afford are the lower grades of the keys LOL! Its marketing my boy. Good ol capitalism! Now I can buy an upgrade from my 1.5 copy and not have to pay the outrageous 2.0 price! ?

Edited by flashlites
Addition

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

If you're like me all you can afford are the lower grades of the keys LOL! Its marketing my boy. Good ol capitalism! Now I can buy an upgrade from my 1.5 copy and not have to pay the outrageous 2.0 price! ?

FF1 1.8 sells for $250 more than 1.5, but then it jumps to $2,000 more going from 1.8 and 2.0

AV1 1.8 sells for $400 more than 1.5 but a $150 difference between 1.8 and 2.0

AF15 and JIM83 1.8s actually sell for less than 1.5s (why would an "upgraded" book cost less?)

IMO, there's no need for the 1.8 grade to make low-grade keys affordable. At those lower grades, the high variability in condition/damage/eye-appeal even between equal graded books would and does create high variability in prices.

All the 1.8 grade does is create an extra ding to our scores of low-grade books in this contest. LOL!

Edited by jcjames

14 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

I’m surprised that I have to post this again. 

The goal is to guess the CGC grades of the books I post   

(don’t guess things like 6.8)  

Here are all the possible grades that CGC gives out:

So...you're saying that this contest does not go up to 11?

4 minutes ago, ninanina said:

What I want to know is if a 10.0 comes up and someone does grade it an 11...does he still get his 3 points?

Inquiring minds need to know.

jaw-dropping.gif