• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 4
6 6

265 posts in this topic

Just now, eddly said:

Yes, a few creases there, but a 9.2/9.4 can still have that. Maybe the back cover is too dirty? Maybe a finger print there too?

That's where I had it at 9.2 or 9.4, I thought it was a trick, so I guessed 9.6 to cover the spread lol

Just now, DeadOne said:

Double bullseye. :whee:

When I saw how nice that JIM was along with all the little flaws on the Alf, I thought it might be one of Andy's infamous "same grade" rounds.

Its the gloating that really gets me.

Just now, Point Five said:

We are coming for them. Very... very... slowly.

Definitely a tortoise and hare type scenario.

Just now, Point Five said:

By Round 131 we'll be in the driver's seat.   :sumo:

shooting for boobie prize now.

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

Great teaching tool this round  (thumbsu i learned and gained some VF+ grading knowledge this round Andy - thank you !! 

now if only i can remember it lol 

I didnt learn jack s*** except for CGC screwed the pooch on that JIM.

Wow - screwed the pooch on these.  Debated 9.0 / 9.2 and went 9.2 since it’s so sharp.  Was actually thinking thinking 9.4 at one point.  Debated 8.0 / 8.5 and went 8.0.  Just too many deep spine creases for a 8.5 especially since I get 7.0/7.5 on every books with a bunch of spine creases.

6 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

I went 8.0 on the JIM and really undergraded the Alf. It didn't have that minty fresh look I expect from a high grade book.

I figured that the Alf book had to be at a minimum 8.5 or Andy would not submit that book. hen the same grade theory popped in my head. Just could not bring myself to cut that JIM down so far. But yeah-- the Alf book is a weak 8.5 while the JIM is an undergraded 8.5

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

I figured that the Alf book had to be at a minimum 8.5 or Andy would not submit that book. hen the same grade theory popped in my head. Just could not bring myself to cut that JIM down so far. But yeah-- the Alf book is a weak 8.5 while the JIM is an undergraded 8.5

I still cant figger out why anyone would submit an ALF book even if it was a 10.0