• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Chamber Of Chills 24

11 posts in this topic

Appreciate your thoughts on this book I just picked up off the Bay. Seller graded it an 8.0 which it's not but price was good. Flat with excellent color and gloss. Nice high grade feel but has 1" spine tear at top and bottom. Chips and tear top rear cover.  I have my feelings as to grade but would appreciate input on this one.  Thanks!

IMG_20180616_101540.jpg

IMG_20180616_101557.jpg

IMG_20180616_101620.jpg

IMG_20180616_101646.jpg

IMG_20180616_101720.jpg

IMG_20180616_101727.jpg

IMG_20180616_101740.jpg

IMG_20180616_101807.jpg

IMG_20180616_102036.jpg

I've got it as 4.5/5.0 range - but not sure about those splits and stains. You'll probably get some GA bump but there are numerous defects that have me concerned it could go as low as 3.5 if they are grading tight that day.

Is the book at all brittle? Pages look Off White. Stains might be the biggest issue next to that split

Really nice looking book either way

Edited by 01TheDude

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

I've got it as 4.5/5.0 range - but not sure about those splits and stains. You'll probably get some GA bump but there are numerous defects that have me concerned it could go as low as 3.5 if they are grading tight that day.

Is the book at all brittle? Pages look Off White. Stains might be the biggest issue next to that split

Really nice looking book either way

Thanks for your input. Actually the paper quality is quite nice. What looks like stains is actually discoloration. I'm undecided about keeping it as it was sold to me as an 8.0 by a so-called experienced grader, when the book is in the 4.0 range.

21 hours ago, misterrmystery said:

I went with 4.0 as the book is high grade with noted defects bringing it down. Quite a difference from an 8.0 Ebay grade.

I agree, 4.0, 4.5 at best. The pictures in the listing don't really show the problems with the corner that well. Definitely not high grade. 

Pictures rarely tell the whole story, which is why the "you-grade" listings without descriptions are annoying, but even the photos shown for this book indicated less than 8.0.

About six months ago I was all excited to get what was merely listed as a "mid-grade" book off ebay, that looked nicer in pictures. I took it out of the bag, and it looked like a solid VF at least, so far so good. I carefully open it up, and pages appear to be a decent OW - until I get it all the way open and notice the first half dozen or so wraps are completely split from the spine, where the page edges look more tan. It was an easy return, I don't think the seller realized how brittle the book was, but still a big disappointment. 

18 hours ago, rjpb said:

It was an easy return, I don't think the seller realized how brittle the book was, but still a big disappointment.

This book could be in the same category...those edges and spine look pretty toasty to me...abort transaction...nowhere even close to stated grade...