• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping slabs with a "pool noodles"...

13 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been discussed but thought this was an interesting way to ship a slab.  I received this in the mail recently and the first picture is how it looked "wrapped" when I pulled it out of the inner box (double boxed in a medium Flat Rate USPS box).  Bubble wrap is getting to be more expensive and the last time I looked a pool noodle can be had for a buck or two.  Just another method to the madness and thought I'd share.

PS... I do not endorse these.  Especially for flood zones.  lol

20180615_075417.thumb.jpg.f71d8cd62aedf2980fc1e92035f9fe59.jpg

20180615_075512.thumb.jpg.a9951e04e7477833055395296ee67502.jpg

20180615_075429.thumb.jpg.8888cda669736afecee006aa2f2d5c1e.jpg

Edited by HighRadArt

I can roll up bubble wrap.  Keeping float tubes around the house in case I sell a book seems to be a bit much in terms of devoting space. 

Stiff foam beats cardboard and bubble wrap.  I use flat sheets of it, but in a pinch the noodle seems like a good alternative.  It would be nicer if it were sliced and fully covered the surface area, but that kind of foam can take a blow better than cardboard and bubble wrap

On 6/17/2018 at 10:11 AM, DeadOne said:

pool noodles > ramen noodles

Thank you! Was just gonna say, around these parts, we call those POOL NOODLES, thank you very much!

10 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Thank you! Was just gonna say, around these parts, we call those POOL NOODLES, thank you very much!

I couldn't remember what they were called when I posted this but pool noodles seems to be the consensus after a quick web search. lol